Dang, missed it.

Missed registering for the end of Novembers OMG club.  It's a lot of fun, and it helps motivate you to finish those UFOs that just lay around, and when it's done, you're sooooo happy that you have another quilt for a gift, or just for yourself... Get over to Elm Street Quilting website and check out all the details.  While you're there take a look at the quilts there, they're amazing...

But what is also amazing is now she's trying to finish the Harry Potter quilt that I just finished!!!  It's a fantastic quilt, super beautiful from Sew Fresh Quilting.  Lorna's designs are absolutely amazing and super easy to do because she uses  "stitch and flip" to make these quilts.  The finished results are what you're looking at.  It's queen/king size...

Each block is quilted circular, and the trips on the side are up and down as is the top and bottom blocks.  To make it look like waves.  It was a lot of work, one block a month and I got behind on the last 4 blocks.  But even though these two blocks (bottom and top strip) were hard, the directions were still super easy.



One block of the bottom...  Check out the quilt and check out something else.

I WON!

Check it out at Sew Fresh's web site and check out all the gorgeous patterns....  You'll get a great idea Elm Street Quilts what it looks like in the end.

Seriously, the fact that I emailed back and forth with my favorite pattern maker makes me ecstatic.  And the compliment that she was so happy another Canadian was blogging and tracking their quilts flattered me to know end.  But there are tons of Canadians out there quilting and blogging about it, so I guess it's just the fact I was talking (ok emailing) to her that made my year..  Thank you Lorna for the beautiful pattern and for being so inspirational.


OK enough gushing, on to the next because like all quilters there is always a next.  Here's my goal for the next

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/
 (Great picture design Elm Street)

While I finished the Harry Potter BOM I wanted to finish another one that I started this month and a friend of mine asked for a quilt since I gave one to her daughter.  Last month I had two rows completed and this month I'm starting with all the rows completed and I just have to quilt.

Here is what it looks like



The pattern is by Patchwork Posse, a great Row Quilt Along.  It has 10 rows, but I put strips of fabric in between each one because this was how I was getting my leftovers (yes I know Thanksgiving  thing...) down.  So I ended up with about 7 or 8 strips.  I needed to calm down my quilt with so many bright colors, thus the fabric strips of lighter colors to take the tone down. 

 I have all the strips made and if you want to see how you do these 9 blocks then cut them up to another shape then Patchwork Posse is the girl for you...  All are redos of blocks made then cut up.  See one of them above.  The strips put together are really big and the last one is December 2, so I'm hoping to get mine all done this month.  My friend won't get the quilt until this summer (in another province) when I visit  but I'll send her a picture for Christmas and tell her she has to wait for it  :)  And you'll have to wait until the very final picture done.

That's my goal, hooking up to Elm Street Quilts. for One More Goal...  OMG  

Comments

  1. Love you HP quilt! You did such an awesome job. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again