Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My machine is broken!!!

OMG I have a modern quilt that needs finishing (quilting) by the end of the month!  And then there's my OMG quilt for the month goal, as well as my APQ challenge to finish #2 on my list of quilts I want done this year!!!  Let alone the starting of two BOMs which I had no intention of starting any BOMs so I can clear all the UFO's (my goodness all these acronyms) I have to do....

I put a rush on my machine but this really tells me I need a standby machine or rather a smaller machine then my baby (Janome 6060) so I can take it to some of the classes I go to or the other quilt group that I'm part of.  Lesson learned, but talk about withdrawal.

 I told the facebook group of APQ that my machine broke, and all the girls started to give me the best advice:

  • Get one, two, or three extras,
  • buy used machines from friends
  • buy a new one.
  • Get one at Walmart or Joanne's
  • do hand work (been doing this one)
  • cut your other projects
  • organize your sewing room
Lots of great ideas and I followed their advice.  So far I've cut one of my projects, all of it - finish cutting.  I've done all the applique on 7 blocks then cut all the border material and binding material and it's ready for sewing now.  I've also cleaned up my room a bit and organized two of my projects.  YES my room is getting cleaner and it was one of my goals this year, so it's working for me.
So was this a bad thing?  No, not really, it's a good thing.  I'm still working, just not sewing.




Comments

  1. does Canada have habitat stores? goodwill, church stores? great places to find a second machine. I have seen some for $20 -30 dollars here. an inexpensive fix, when your in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have something like a goodwill but sewing machines go fast. Maybe Kiijiijii, selling online. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again