Been quiet...

 Not because of depression or anything like that, but because of how busy the new world of teaching has become.  Working at home is not the new thing now, it’s in the schools with 30 kids in front of you and then afternoons of online with 30 kids or in class with 10.  It’s been tiring, but when I can squeeze in a bit of creativity, I do something.

I signed up for the challenge of getting some of my UFOs (unfinished objects) so I made a list, of three pages of things to finish.  Some are half done, some have all the material and pattern and are at least 2 years old.  So, on the list they go.

Its not just the projects that I need to finish but it’s also all the small bits and leftover blocks that keep on piling up. So I decided to get rid of them as well.  Below is the finished project.

The top part is the extra blocks from old projects, the middle is crumbs, and the sides strips.  I quilted the middle, the top, and the sides in quilt as you go.

I tried for a crazy quilt look.  Thus using all my extra thread, Andy the different stitches.  I had fun doing that.

The top is another quilt of small squares of flowers I had. So the green around it, and it was practice time for my quilting rulers.  Who knew!?!  It was still too small so I found the border in my stack, a yellow flannel backing and voila!

And finally, this beauty from Sew Fresh.  A nice doggie.  Love it.  Made it larger to cover two people.

Quilted doggie bones on it and the word “woof”.  






All beautiful in a nice brown..


Finally, with some more leftover blocks and some extra material I had, made this big lap quilt.



And the top one was completed last year but I had it quilted and I blinded it.  Queen size.  Conversation quilt BOM by https://www.annemariechany.com/shop/conversation-row-of-the-month-sampler-quilt-pattern-hard-copy-paper Anne Marie Chany.    Loved learning from this pattern.  Every row a new style.

So I’ve been sewing, just quiet about it, like I said at the start.  Consider the first three months completed from my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again