Sunday, June 9, 2024

June's UFO is completed... On to the next.

 This month I wanted to finish my row by row quilt.  I needed to do two more rows (one to make it wider) and so I edited one of the rows, added the whale for the California row, and finally it's completed.  Its a quilt of a vacation that my husband and I took.  Each row was from one of the towns I was at.  The top  part has some license plate sections showing the towns.  Lets see if I can remember them.  Top one California.  Next one I forgot, the next one was from the Oregon area from route 66.  The next with the trees is from Flagstaff.  And the final one was from Washington.  I used quilt-as-you-go.  The last one I'm unsure of but it's also from the coastal area of Washington, off of Seattle.

I love the whale one.  It was so easy to do.  And because I had extra time that day, I found a blouse that was cut out so I finished it.


It was made from a reused table cloth of cotton that I had found at a second hand store.  Loved the material so I made the blouse.  The next which is loose has a ribbon in it to pull it tight.  The sleeves have elastics at the end.  Love the ease of it.

The final thing I did was to clean up my sewing/painting room a bit more.  Now that I'm retired I can get a bit more done, which means that I can start of sew a bit more and get some of it under control.  I counted how many projects I have and it's over 30 so that scares me a bit.  I mean, I'm retired, but I'm not chained to the sewing machine.  So I'm trying to get a few that are really old (Like the 2015 row by row) down, and then work on more resent.  

I made a promise to myself, do two UFOs a month and I'm allowed to start a new quilt.  I have one that is blue, with all these different blocks, a bird, a fence, and big enough for a queen which is the idea.

So the 2nd quilt for the month will be the embroidery quilt that has a woman in a large dress, holding some flowers.  I made some of the blocks from the Riley Blake web site (this is their link) web site (this is their link) and I'm putting them around the embroidery section.  I'm surrounding each block with red and also adding some light red/white flower pattern material around it all to extend the quilt to a queen.  This quilt will be very light for the summer.  I'm excited to complete this one as this quilt is 11 years old, and I don't know how old the embroidery section is.  It was made as a duvet cover, so I took off the back and I am adding the squares to spruce it up a bit.  Can't wait to see if it makes it better.

That's the plan, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

June's UFO is completed... On to the next.

 This month I wanted to finish my row by row quilt.  I needed to do two more rows (one to make it wider) and so I edited one of the rows, ad...