Thursday, August 13, 2026

Cleaning my room….. and getting things completed.


 I cut out three different quilts getting them ready for sewing and one I’m prepping for quilting.  They are the Girl Applique, the Kaleidoscope,  one with a jelly roll, and one with scraps that is making a cabin quilt.  I need to prep the girl applique, and start quilting around it.  

The Kaleidoscope has 24 pieces to it, and I'm hoping to make 3 a day.  Already behind 3 but with this flu and a sore back, it's hard to do.

The jelly roll is all cut out and at least 4 different ones completed.  I'm hoping to do 4 a day as these ones take time, and it's a little complicated.  

Finally the cabin quilt (which is held in that plastic bag, which right now I have 24 completed, and looking at doing at least 10 or more a week.  That one will take over a hundred squares.  I'm hoping for a 60" by 60" top.  It will look great at the end.

The room is getting cleaner.  The projects are now in containers used for scrap book making.  I love how easy they are to store.  I put painters tape on them then write the name and the date on the tape so I know how old they are.  There's plenty of them so my idea is to get them down.  Some have been started and how they're UFOs.  That's more than enough drive to get them going.




Then there are the paintings.  The first three are water colors and the rest are acrylic.  I love acrylic painting but the watercolor is faster so it depends on my mood and how hyper I am too I guess.





and

That’s it, I’m feeling good about the whole thing.  Yes I know that's a lot.  I’m still enjoying the process, the quilting and sewing, but I am also getting the projects down, so I can choose the ones I want to create without feeling guilty about not completing what I’ve started.

Speaking of starting, I'm starting a new course in Acrylic teaching me how to make mist and doing a fox.  I'll keep you update.
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cleaning my room….. and getting things completed.

 I cut out three different quilts getting them ready for sewing and one I’m prepping for quilting.  They are the Girl Applique, the Kaleidos...

Popular Posts