Sunday, January 26, 2014

Finger update and new Challenge

Things are going better now with my little finger accident (my rotary blade attacking me).  A friend is re-wrapping my finger tomorrow and we're checking it out.  

I have started my quilting challenge (see the Building Block Quilt along button on the left side).  I'll be posting some of my blocks that I finished.  There are 42, and I've done only 2 but it's started, I have the material and I'm happy.  This is the first time I'm using a free-style quilting foot and I'm still getting use to it, but the material is all there, and I can already see an improvement.  You'll see it soon, in the next entry.  I am starting something new thought that I would like to share.  It's the 2014 NewFO Challenge and I'm happy with the concept.

Here's what the group will be doing:   Each month, at least one new quilt will be started up.  It can be anything I like from bags to potholders or mug rugs to king-sized bed quilts.  I don't have to complete any project  during the year, just start it.  All I need to do to participate is start something new during any given month.  On the last day of the month, write a blog post about my new project and link up to the linky party on the blog from Barbara from Cat Patch.  As the year progresses, I update my previous months' NewFO projects on my blog and link in the patch.  I can also put it on the FlickR Group  I joined here.  Sounds simple and I have the button below.  It's added to my BOMs now.  What's one more?!!!  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another completion..... Missouri Star.

 It's the colassal Churn Dash from Missouri Star. The video to help you is here.  It's three different churn dashes for you to do.  ...

Popular Posts