Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Why am I obsessed with BOMs?

About BOMs

  • There are those you pay for online - Skill Builder BOM at Pile of Fabrics (it cost - I think - $24)....
  • There are those that are free that later become payable (See to the left the Garden one - it's fantastic and very challenging) and Doodle ....
  • And then there are many that are free - At Grandpa's Pond or SuperMarios no cost.  
  • There are those that last all year (see Vice Versa - pay one but well worth it and many of the others), and those that end 6 months into it (Material Girl, and Down the Rabbit Hole - you can see my entries on them in the Tag section to the left).

I can't seem to stop joining all the free ones.  Want to be part of all, so I spend half my time doing blocks, and nothing completed.  But as I stated above, I have finished two BOMs (see labels on Material Girls and Down the Rabbit Hole - both are free and the last one is on Crafty - my favorite site). Aurifill's BOMs also have patterns attached to the block so you can complete a quilt of that one block alone.  That's great, the best of both worlds.  But still I feel as if I have not accomplished anything, so I add to my list of things to be done - quilts.  I really need to stop the BOMs, I have over 12 of them that I have kept up with and one that is not listed, a Thangle quilt that I purchased ages ago. 

Is anyone this crazy or is it just me?  Did I forget to mention that I work full time as a teacher?  And all this catch up is on weekends....  Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another completion..... Missouri Star.

 It's the colassal Churn Dash from Missouri Star. The video to help you is here.  It's three different churn dashes for you to do.  ...

Popular Posts