Getting lots of help from my quilting partner.  Can you see him testing out this quilt at the back of my couch???  We've worked hard so he's taking a break.....

 Caught up on my Quilt Doodle Garden Quilt.  There's still time to join, and as usual Cindy is designing something absolutely Gorgeous.  Haven't missed a single one of her BOMs, each is so special and makes a great gift for a special friend.  January and February is below, and one is a double block together with not one but two appliques (I button stitched them).  Loving the design!!



Did the forth block for SewFresh's Harry Potter's QAL.  The blocks can be huge like I'm doing (21 inches) or smaller for a lap (10 x 10 blocks).  I'm finding the huge ones so simple to do.  See previous post for the last ones.  This one is still free, so join us.  It makes a queen size quilt.


 Been working on getting my sewing/painting/everything room cleaned up a bit, because I can't take it anymore!!  :)  So one of the problems is my scrap bin which means all of my scrap materials is in a giant laundry bag... So I'm doing a string quilt to get that down.  The blocks are 12 inches each.  And so far I have 16 of them.  Still have tons of scraps but the actual quilt is shocking me...  Loving the colors and the triangles.  Now looking at making it 8 blocks by 8 blocks and just doing horizontal and vertical strips around the edge when completed.  Seriously, this will be great color when done and on my queen size bed.


And how does my room look now?  The first picture is the before, the next is the after...

Before
After

Before

After




Before

After


 This corner is still very messy, but it's projects that I have to complete.  The material in the corner is all organized for backing and for the neutral colors to complete with 4 projects in bags waiting to be sewing.  As for the books - all patterns and books as well as quilt patterns I've completed.  There's also some painting books in there, and to the top right you'll see paints.  Still working on this.

So it's been a very busy couple of days, with both sewing and quilting.  When I'm done two more quilts (just quilting them) it will be cleaner.

Back to work with family day over.  Have a great week.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again