OMG!! It's done! My goal for November.

I've been working on this quilt for absolutely forever, and it's no wonder, you got to see it...

This is what it looked like at the end of October.

I still needed to put the side sections on, and finish quilting the top more.  And now it's done!!!
Here's a look!

On a queen size bed
Look at the quilting on each block.  Circular.

Harry Potter is PERFECT on the pillows.


The other side is just at long.  It hangs over the skirt of my bed.  I had to do quilt as you go with this one, and that took forever!!!!
But so worth it.  Take a look at it hanging from my loft, so big I couldn't get a picture of the entire thing.




 The quilting really comes out when you see it hanging (sorry, my husband took the pictures).  I used purple for around it and then black for the binding.  In between each block is 2 1/2 inches in between.  The colors are Kona solids, and for the purple I had to buy the entire bolt.  I used it all.  I ran out of the gold (same gold I used for the words - Harry Potter) so on the sides it's purple both on the front and the back.  . 

The hardest blocks....  the castle.....

And the owl which thank goodness the instructions were great, so it was easy to do but you had to take your time....  and read the instructions twice.


The easiest were the faces at the start, which was a great thing considering you were just starting...
 

My favorite......

Making a pillow for a friend of this one.  Loved the green in the eyes.  Wish I did the white in the eyes for all of them.  Also, it was not the simplest the one above, but not hard, and the instructions were really great.  


So happy!!  

Also linking up to OMG at Emm Street Quilting.  This has been my monthly goal for the last two months.  But I"M FINISHED!!!  Can you tell I'm excited????  And I'm done before the 15th, my due date I set for myself - right in the middle of mid term report cards, and so much more.....


On to the next.....

Comments

  1. Congratulations on this great big beautiful finish!!!! Please send me an email because I am choosing you as a winner for quilting along with me! Thank you so much Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again