Goal Planning for 2020 and Reflection of 2019

2019 Planning Party It's been a busy year, not just in sewing but in my job as well.  Because I've gone to teaching full time, without the computer repairs I am now teaching seven classes in the four blocks that I teach.  But next term I have my spare so I'm hoping to have more time to be creative.

So with that in mind I'm looking at joining the #2020PlanningParty at Quilting Jetgirl's blog to help me plan.    You can read many of the other participants in this party and see what they're doing so you have an idea of what you want to think about and try as well.

I want to consider what I've done last year and what I will try to complete this coming year.

Summary of 2019

  • I completed 21 quilts, one was an edit to make a black wool quilt bigger so my mother could use it on her bed for the winters in Manitoba.  A number of the quilts were gifts, for babies, for a wedding and for birthdays, even one (made of books) for a librarian that retired June (lucky her).
  • I kept two of the quilts for myself for my bed, gray and white one as well as for now the Harry Potter quilt.  I also have the two quilts that I put in the Guild's quilt show.  That's way too many quilts, I have to give some away.  I don't need that many quilts....
  • I created four painting, three of which I gave to others as gifts.  I'm really enjoying painting and I am learning a lot.  It's "ME" time and it relaxes me, which is the most important thing.  
  • I've read over 30 books, and I'm in a book club which although it means 12 books in the year, I've been reading even more than that, because it relaxes me.  
  • I've tried to cut back on my work load, but that didn't work.  I started a camera club with grade 8 students and although they seem to like it (there are 10 students) it's every Tuesday from 3:30 till 4:30, and it's taking quite a bit of my time.  Some days I'm just tired, so I have to get more sleep to help me out.
  • I've taken up guitar and lessons online.  But I've been busy so that didn't work.  Need to try again and to at least practice four times a day for at least 20 minutes.
  • Stopped exercising because I'm so busy, so I need to start that up again.

Quilts
  • I've made only 4 baby quilts this past year and two of them I donated through our guild to the hospital for preemie babies.  But I want to do more.  So this year I would like to make at least 8 giving me four months which I can miss in case life gets too busy.
  • I have a big doorway in my house and the only way to make it a private room was to do a barn door or to make barn door quilts.  I have three planned for this year:
    • A Time for All Season's BOM
    • Florence Flamingo quilt from Elizabeth Hartman
    • A design of my own from fabric that's really modern looking.
    • A bat quilt from a book by SewKindOfWonderful 
  • A black and white modern paper pieced quilt for the bedroom
  • I would like to do another hand sewn wool quilt that is at least five years old.

Things to Try Out.
  • my new Bloc Loc Ruler
  • mini SewKindOfWonderful curved ruler.
  • I designed two pixelated quilt patterns.  One of a cougar and another one of my husband.  I would like to complete one and put it up on my wall in the living room. This would be the 2nd pixelated quilt that I would of made.
  • an applique quilt that is totally hand sewn by two sisters.  Never did a full quilt like this before.
  • Make a landscape quilt (craftsy)
  • Try making a quilt out of fabric flowers.  I have two patterns for this
    • Car made up of flowers
    • Dress maker dummy made of flowers

UFO's
  • I would like to complete at least seven of my UFO's.  My office is getting too crowded to the idea is to focus on getting some of my projects that I have all the material for completed.  Also there's some sewing of clothing in the room as well taking space.  Specifically:
    • Blue and yellow star BOM
    • Blue star table topper.
    • HST BOM  (see side bar)
    • Conversation (see side bar)
    • Black and White wall hanging
    • Carnation Wall hanging
    • Blue Paper pieced quilt BOM
    • finish the Water Row by Row king size quilt I've been working on.
    • Gym bag
    • Velvet dress
    • black jumper
    • flower jumper 

Personal Goals.
These are many and I'm really hoping to do some of these.  Some are in regards to quilting, but most are life goals.  We all have them, so I'm naming them:
  • Work out 30 minutes on treadmill at least 4 times a week.
  • start swimming at least once a week for a month.
  • spend an hour a week sewing.
  • Read at least one book a month.  Keeping record of this in a written journal.
  • Do at least 5 paintings
  • complete 4 of my Craftsy classes.
  • Take more pictures with my great camera.
  • NOT to join any more BOMs until I get my UFO's down, because there are so many.
  • Clean up my sewing/painting room.
  • Practice guitar for at least 20 minutes a day.
Seems like a lot, and maybe a little too much but we'll see what we can do.

Comments

  1. Spending an hour a week sewing sounds delightful. It sounds like you had a very productive year in 2019 and I wish you a lot of quilty joy in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne. It was through some of your posts that kept me so motivated. One of the quilts I completed was your star one that you had a quilt a long. It's a beautiful design. All the best to you in the new year.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals and all the best for 2020. xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, the same for you. I loved your Leafy Quilt and read your posts online. Can't wait to see your own design. Will keep an eye out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again