Tuesday, September 29, 2026

School has started but not yet for me....

There's not that many school TOC days on the listing online.  When there is one, someone snatches it right away.  Many new teachers are just subbing.  They don't want to be a full time teacher because they can call their work days when they want, not do report cards, and not worry about all the marking that's there for a teacher.  So with that in mind there are a number of teachers on call and not enough jobs on the board.  Thus for me right now it's only requests at this time.  But that's OK, that gives me free time to spend with my husband and do some crafting.  

Here's some of the things that I did this September:

A trip to Winnipeg Manitoba for an 80th birthday.




A visit to say goodbye to my hometown that I grew up in.  My husband went to his hometown as well to see it one last time.  They this the famous historical church of Fannystelle.  

I said hello and goodbye to some of my family in the cemetery



When I got home I did some painting.

Paint week 2026 with Alie Kay

Pumpkins anyone???
My Favorite one.  Love the grain.  So easy to do.
The one below is for a friend to give to her daughter who's really into Giraffes. 


And then I did some sewing that I promised the quilting guild that I would do.  The pillow case on the left the guild gave me to make for the Cancer Society for people getting treated in hospitals.  The one on the right, I had a panel so I made a pillow case out of it.

There were daisies on the panel so I bought a sweatshirt and made a jacket out of it.  It's important that you buy a sweatshirt that is twice as large as the one you normally buy because you're cutting all the seams off and then resewing it so you lose at least an inch all around the seams.  But it's really cut when completed.  The sweatshirt acts like batting for the jacket.  

I used leftover squares or UFO blocks that I made from other projects.  That really adds a zip to it.

If you want to make one I followed the guild's instructions but this video from Missourri Star explains it all.  See the video below.  Made the two of them (with some piecing) in less than an hour.  A great Christmas gift.

Now I want to make some for me!!!!

That's a lot in a month, so what's up for next month?  I made a quilt from a panel and some more of the fabric line.  It has two of my favorite things in it, crows and books.  You heard me.  The idea is to quilt it it in October, along with doing 3 rows from a row by row that's at least 15 years old.  I have two of the rows done, and I'm cutting out 2 more so I can sew them when I go to Harrison Hot Springs for a quilt retreat.  I'm bring at least 4 quilts to do.  One of a cabin style block from scraps I bought 7 years ago.  One is the row by row.  Another one is a pixelated eye kit that I started and stopped.  I got it from Craftsy before it was sold to a different company.  That's at least 15 - 20 years ago.  I love the eye pattern.  I took the course, bought the kit and then made my own pattern for a pixelated quilt.  The last thing I am taking with me to Harrison is unknown at this time, but something I'm sure to start before the retreat.  I think it will be another quilted jacket, this one with a zipper.  We'll see.

That's it for now, hubby is calling me for supper.  have a great rest of the month of September.  The leaves are really changing here in Vancouver Canada.  Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

School has started but not yet for me....

There's not that many school TOC days on the listing online.  When there is one, someone snatches it right away.  Many new teachers are ...

Popular Posts