School Starts Tomorrow but Not in Person

I'm going to slow down next week.  Yes you're probably laughing right now but that's the truth.  Will start getting my students online so they can continue to work until we're all back together again to continue to learn.

So before that happens I want to show what I've finished since the last time.  Here it is:

One of my painting.  Called Life and Sunshine.

Now the big quilt that took me about a week and some....  It's an amazing quilt.  Individual flowers from different fabrics, all cut out and glued to the base fabric.

 Then it's stitched on, to hold it down, that's right each and every flower stitched down.  Then you put it on the a backing, and you stitch it down again.  Finally you quilt it.  And you can quilt around a couple of flowers just so it highlights areas that you want.  It's a sewing dummy.
The bottom wiring is stitched actually, there is no material there, just the thread.  And let me tell you that took some time.
I love the final effects.

Yes some people are going to ask me what pattern it is.  It's a collage pattern from Laura Heine.  She does wonderful work, and this was one of the UFOs off my AQ listing.  I have two more of her quilts.  One of an old truck in the forest, and the other one is a cow with little tiny strips of fabric.  This one is the practice one for the old truck pattern.  But it's completed and it's my UFO for March.  So on I go...  onto the next one.

I covered my calendar book because I hated the cover (a bird), but it was on sale, a regular $36 and I got it for $10.  Here's what it looks like now:


 The outside quilted.  And the inside is also very colorful as well as very "Happy" looking.  I am happy with the new look.

I also cut out two more Quilt as You Go patterns.  So I'm extremely happy with this weekend's productive day.  On to the next ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again