Didn't get August's OMG completed but I got something done

 I have been busy this month, and although I did not get my August goal completed, I did get a lot completed.  I've been busy.

I took a class on quilting with rulers.  Here's the results.

I




I made another painting quilt table top.  This one has a saying...
Also, I used the rulers from Silly Moon to quilt this.  Took me no time at all!!!  And look how straight the lines are!!!  They make their own rulers, and they have zoom classes on how to use them. 
The class was so much fun, I'm doing a second one.


Like the quilting on the top one?  I used ONE ruler from Silly Moon to do it.  They taught me how to do it in their Zoom online class.  Guys, if you're looking for a presenter, they'll present to a guild!!  Just contact them.  And NO, I don't get any money from them for saying this, I just really really enjoyed the class and the inventors of these rulers.  Made my life easier for quilting.
Used some of the painting brush outlines from the quilt.

This is from Annie's Mystery Book and quilting.  I believe it's the center piece but I can't be sure.  I used lace for the curtains and flower pieces from other quilts for the windows.  It's 24" long.  Love how this quilt is going to turn out.  The side applique is a ladder going up to the window, it's how the murderer got into the house.....  Yes, it makes you wonder doesn't it....
Some of the other blocks.  I caught up in all of the blocks that I was behind.
Paper piecing.


I also did some paper piecing on my own after I took a class at The Stitchery Studio.  It was a fun class.  I took it with a friend.  And although I knew about how to do paper piecing, it was still fun because as the instructor said "If you walk away with learning at least two things, then I've done my job"  Well, I learned more than two things, and I corrected my paper piecing technique to improve it, so I'm very pleased now.  It also really helped with the Annie murder quilt which has paper piecing in it.  So it was a win win all the way around.  Spending a lovely day with a good friend (who adores to quilt as much as me) and learning something new and fun.
Not to stop the crazy/maniac theme going but I also completed 6 row by rows from 2015 to hep me finish another quilt I have been working on for about 3 years.  I've done two sets of 9 row by rows all connected (18 in total people) and now I'm doing the center blocks to complete it for a queen size bed.  The row by rows are at least 32 inches across, and the center will be at least 24" but doing all these row by rows are really challenging because each one is so different!  And takes a lot of time to finish (at least two to three weeks of working on the weekend. ).  Then there's the quilting of each block, which I use Quilt as You Go to attach them together with a 2 1/2 inch strip.  A lot of work.  It's a very busy quilt, but you'll see it in September I'm sure.  The bottom first two are the square which you fold in half, sew down, then roll the edge to get you that curve.  Never did it before.  But the video from Jordan Fabrics really explains it well, and that's what I used.  I also love the free pattern they demo on, so that's on my list of things to do (OMG another one!!!!  Nicole you're crazy!!!  Must be, I'm talking to myself).


Here's the video that really helped.

And this is the one that I thought I would complete. But I only competed a part of it.
I got two done.  But it takes four.  I did advance on it.  I cut out all the pieces, but only made this one and the face of another one.  So I'm going to use this for my goal this month in September and join up with OMG (One Monthly Goal) to get it done this month. 

Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Happy sewing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again