Back to School Quilting

 With work resuming the time spent on quilts and quilting is small, but I'm still trying to get in some creativity time.  Now my quilting has changed from creativity to a stress releaser.  Two cases reported in our school and we continue to work.  School is two blocks a day with lectures of 2 1/2 hours a session.  I prep 4 classes in total (2 different classes in each of my blocks) and prepping for all.  Marking is piling up, but exhaustion is bigger.  I don't know if I can keep up this pace but quilting does help to release the stress.

But I did get my September's goal for OMG completed.    Hanging with pride.  Here's my initial blog entry saying I was going to try to get it done....

The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman.  It's called Dwight the Deer.  I'm calling it Oh Deer!!  since it was done during the Corvid era of going back to school with this.  The pattern is easy, but label all your parts because there are a lot of pieces.  But it makes a good size block.  This one is 56 by 56 in the end.  It's already earmarked for someone for Christmas.  But I am considering another one for a pillow for Christmas.  They're cute.  All her patterns are adorable.  Check them out here.  I have the clock, the sasquatch, and a couple of others.  When I'll get this done I don't know....
This is also the August quilt for the All People's Quilt Challenge so it was a two for one!!!

And I'm still plugging along with my Row by Row queen size quilt.  I have 18 completed and I'm making one large block for the middle to bring it all together because three rows of row by rows is too hard on the eyes.  I should be done that in October (My October goal of the month) but I had this one, and I got it at Prescott AZ in a small quilt shop there.  It was a souvenir of a 2015 trip to the Grand Canyon, so on the way we got this one.  The French wedding.  (I can say that because I'm french by birth, and people have called me a french frog every once in a while.).  Anyways, both my husband and I wanted this as a table topper for our buffet, so that's where it is.  You have to take a closer look at this one.
All the members of the wedding party.

The parents of the groom
The bride's side of the family.  A little different. Dad is hung over
And the bride and groom.  Veil included.

I had fun with that one but I had even more fun with this one.  I took a 2nd class of Quilting with Rulers by Silly Moon Quilting Co.  This is my second class and this one is with half circles.  It's amazing what you can do with 4 of these rulers which make 8 different sizes.  And the patterns you can do, check it out below.  At the end of the course, you're almost completed the table runner.  Took about 2 more hours to finish the end thing.  And I love it considering it my first time using these rulers.  Take a look....  I highly recommend it.  The class is online.  You buy the rulers online, they send it and then they send you the pattern to make the top first, and the session on Zoom for 4 hours quilts that quilt top.

Can see where I backtracked but not on all of them.
My favorite above

The edge work - there are four edges she teaches you.  This is one that I wanted done.  Had fun with this.

So for a month, this is not bad, partly finished another one, then all of this.  Is it my usual amount of quilting?  No but as I said I'm back at school and I have some finishes.  So I'm happy.  

How's your quilting going?  Getting anything done besides masks?  (I've done 14 more.....  )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again