So you retire and you start to take up more hobbies like painting (acrylic, watercolor). That means more room needed to frames, paper, canvases, etc.... That means things get a little crowded.....
So I'm trying to clean up some of the 1/2 finished quilts and organize some of the paintings. And it's getting done as you've seen in the last blog posting. Both paintings (all watercolors) and quilts.
And yesterday I cut out a quilt, and drew 4 more images to paint. that was while visiting a doctor, going downtown for an xray, and doing plenty of other things. This is what I did...
I made the medium size hanging bag and threw it at my husband as a joke. The next thing I knew he put it in his bathroom, to put his shavers in so they're not on the floor of his cupboard. That will teach me.
So today is an easy day, of just painting and cutting. I realized after a very hot night that my flannel blankie needs to be replaced with something a little cooler. :) Great excuse to make another quilt for myself.
Plus I'm interested in painting those watercolor drawings I started. I'm also starting an acrylic painting of our trip as a reminder, something small to practice on before I start a 20" x 20".





No comments:
Post a Comment