Finished my August Promise.

 Been working very hard to complete a new barn door for my dining area and I finally got it completed.  It took about 3 days to complete the quilting alone but it's stunning and really adds some art to my dining area.  Take a look what do you think?

They're up on the curtain rod.

The quilting is in a wavy pattern.
To make it look like the water was over it.  Really adds to the effect.

Love the design of the eye that Lorna McMahon from SewFresh Quilts made.  Love the entire design.  She is so talented.  Check out all her other patterns.  I have so many and not enough time to make them all.  
The colors I chose were perfect.  They were from the grunge line, pink and salmon pink.  They just made it so great to look at, like a real koi fish, with it's markings and different changes of color.  The pink in the lily pads were scrap pieces that I don't even remember from where, and the same for the leaves, two solid greens from my stash of fat quarters.  But the background, a gradient blue with gold dots that was on sale.  I love it.

But that was not the only thing I completed.  I made pillow cases for a cousin that's for Christmas so thus I can't show it.  I made some other things for Christmas that I'll show later on.  But this one is for my husband who loves lizards.    Some people thought the applique was fish, some sharks. I find that funny.  It's the color blue that matches the koi fish that's doing it.

See them?  You can tell now.  Some people thought crocodiles....  Close enough.  I used the spiral quilting method to get it quilted and made my own bias that matched the place mats underneath.
The placemats were from an Australian line 6 years ago that I bought.  Loved the lizards on it as well and that's where this entire idea came from.  They're nice and big so you don't have to worry about getting anything on the table top and they really do wash up like a dream.  Win and win!!!


So yes I've been very busy.  But I love the brightness of everything I've done and it really does make a change in the dining room.  Isn't that the point?  Change things up a bit?  Wonderful.  What have you been up to?











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again