Wednesday, July 3, 2024

July’s Challenge an OMG

This month is a busy month of small trips.  Retired life seems to be busier than working life, but in a different way.  There’s plenty to do.  I retired at the end of February and in a week went off to a trip to Palm Springs to see my uncle for a week.

In March I saw tons of friends all wanting lunches to wish me happy retirement.  Don’t get me wrong, that’s a great thing, but boy was I exhausted after it.  

In April it was off to Scottsdale Arizona for two weeks.  There was also some financial paperwork to complete for the retirement.  That was relaxing and stressful together.

In May, more small trips, some nesting (repairs to condo), paying off the mortgage (yeah!) and from April to end of June a lot of subbing in the schools.  At least 2 times a week,  In all of this there was three cancer scares, and in June the surgery for one of them  That’s why the subbing, to get my mind off it all.  But all is ok now, I’ve changed in all of this worry and stress, and now my husband and I just want to be happy, and live life in comfort, and at our own pace.  We are happy.  Painting and sewing make me very happy.

                                                      From my painting class.


This month’s challenges to complete will be two quilts as usual.  One is the Campfire by Suzy Quilts.  Easy 2 1/2 strips to get rid of some of my scraps l  it will also be a large one for a queen.   Picture is what it’s supposed to look like.


The second one is a scrap box full of cut blocks of matching fabric but no pattern so I’m making my own design.  It’s from 2013.  I love the colors and material.  Promised a friend a new quilt when her mother fell in love with the quilt I gave her and took it to her bedroom.   Let’s see what  I can do.

Look at those colors.  

This is my UFOs for the month.  Wish me luck.





1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your retirement. The artwork is so pretty. I'll look forward to seeing what your quilts look like. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Very productive month.

Well we went from this: To this: This one was stitched in the ditch.  I added the bottom piano keys so that it would extend it more.  I alwa...

Popular Posts