Five Days and here is the results....

This month's OMG (one monthly goal) is already completed.  Thanks to stress of the end of the year as a teacher.  When I am stressed it is either eating, painting or sewing and sewing sure won this time.  The start of the project looked like this:



And has now ended like this....

Look at the quilting on this quilt 

My cousin requested a quilt with butterflies on it, one that I have previously made twice before, but this one became my own design, and I added butterflies to this garden of purple and orange.  Who would believe those two colors look great together?  Will be hooking up to One Monthly goal at Elm Street Quilts and this one also goes with "All People's Quilt Challenge" for one of my unfinished UFOs but not one of the ones that they drew (one of the numbers - check out this link for an update and some pictures of the quilts that I have completed on that challenge  - very helpful).

 And as I type this I'm thinking "maybe more butterflies?????"  If so I'll do an update.  I have time  :)


UPDATE:
Well I said I would do it and I did.  I made a few changes on the quilt for my cousin when I came back from my vacation.  Added a few more butterflies (she wanted that) and I wanted it a bit wider.  So here is what it looks (if you can see around my big cat!):

Look at the quilting

I stitched down each black section of the butterflies.

The final quilt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again