Patchwork nine patch row by row is completed

It 's a lovely design from Patchwork Posse.  Each row is a disappearing nine patch that was created, then cut up and moved, and redone.  Thus the different designs for each and every block.  There are nine in total, and the quilt is very very large.  I did 6 of the rows in total, with a strip of fabric in between each row to separate them.

Some were more easier than others, some very elaborate.  My favorite is the one that my cat is modeling. It looks like a mountain range.  A triangle cut up and then resewn but in the opposite direction.  All the material was left over from two other projects.  This quilt row by row was excellent for getting rid of scraps in a wonderful way.  Look at the colors.



I quilted it in large swirls with variegated thread.  



The cat approves.


 The back is pieced as well with different scraps of material from the other quilts.  It looks fantastic, the colors are so rich.  All have flowers on them, so they all match.  I love it.  I also quilted as I went with this quilt with muslin on the back, then added this and quilted some more.  The results....

It's a Christmas gift to someone who asked for a quilt.  She'll adore it but she gets it in the summer.  So one more done before the end of the year.

I'm also hooking up to Elm Street Quilts for their one monthly goal, the last one.  Here's the original link up if you want to see what I started with.  

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your finish. It is a lovely Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, she's seen the quilt online. Now to get the quilt to her. Follow Patwork and see what's the next BOM is.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again