OMG finished

Hooking up to One Monthly goal over at Elm Street Quilts to show my results of sewing in the month of January.  Here's what I said I would do.  http://quiltinglikeamaniac.blogspot.com/2020/01/american-patchwork-quilting-2020-ufo.html.  Now I have to say (and this is no excuse) I lost my machine for close to two weeks so there was no sewing.  I went through withdrawal and now I KNOW I need to get an extra machine for situations like this because truthfully there is never a loaner with all the work they do at the repair shop.  And it always takes a week or two to get the work done.  So I need something portable, small, and does just the basics to make me happy when I have to send mine in for repairs.  So many people were giving me that advice and after that experience they're right.  But for now, I got my baby back and I've been busy to catch up.  Here's what I did along with my promise to get my goal done.

I've been trying hard to finish one of the BOM's that I joined last year.  There were 5 of them, and out of all of them two that I had worked hard at.  Now one of them was part of the goal and I've promised not to join another one (a promise that I broke within a week - Is that a record?????).  This one is Sew Incredible's Seasonal BOM which had two to three blocks every month.  I had to complete 6 of them to catch up and to have 24 blocks for my quilt which is a two panel door for my barn door between my sewing room and the dining room.  Here is what I completed:

 The doors

I shadow boxed each one, and used quilt as you go to get it done.  I did angle lines that were and inch apart.  




I'm so happy with the results!!!  With that little side quilt (you'll see about that one) it looks lovely this room.

And because I have so many UFOs I wanted to complete two a month, so the 2nd one (and one I could do with out my sewing machine because it was applique that I button stitched) is a tea set table cloth for my table.  That was my husband's idea and a darn good one.  It gives color to the room at this time of hear.  Take a look.
On the floor, all laid out.

One of the blocks.  They're so cute all with batik.

Each one designed so differently on that pure white background that just pops the colors.

One of my favorite ones, with the greens.


I backed it with black because of the side panels were black and white.  I love this one as well because of the flower.

And the end results, super.....
So I may not have completed both panels but completing one panel then the table top makes me feel really good.  I'm pleased with the results.

So next month's goal, another one of my UFOs to complete.  Probably one of those BOMs that I never got done or even started on.  OMG!!!!  I better start a couple of them now!!

Comments

  1. Looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty, OMG really motivates me to get things done!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again