Staying Home Continues....

Hello all:

I read my last post - just the very first two lines, and what do I see?  The words "Thank goodness the virus is not so bad here....".  Wish I could take that comment back.....  We have the most cases in Canada at this point.

The trick is to stay positive.  It's rather hard some days then others, but there are a lot of other people out there that are in more dire states than I so we should be thankful for that.  When I'm stressed I get more hyper.  When I'm hyper I can't just sit around, and truthfully, trying to stay home when you're hyper is a tough thing.  My saving grace is crafting.  I've been quilting up a storm, trying to finish a number of my UFOs so I can clean my sewing room.  There are so many of them.

Here's another painting that I just finished.
 Loved how this sunset on Manitoba Lake looked, but loved it more with the wild grain in it.  
Completed.

Been working on a couple of UFOs.  Not the one that was scheduled for this month.  That one I didn't even start yet, but this quilt which had the material cut wrong (some pieces), had to find the pattern again, bought more material, and finally finished it.
Yes there is two colors of yellow, but not as noticeable in person. 

This will be someone's Christmas gift.  To finish a quilt UFO that was 7 years old is a great feeling of accomplishment.  And the fact that it turned out decent, even better.


My next quilt was this when I found it...




 It's a charm pack, with 8 of them done, all the little blocks that you use to snowball the 5" square cut out, and all in that bag.  I found it under a pile of fabric as I was cleaning out some of my stash.  It was quick and easy to do and I only had one place mat in this house, so I thought why not two?  Here is what I looked like when completed.  It's about 20" across and 15" down.  They're big, but that only makes them great.  The colors are antique looking so it goes great on my dark wood table, by the antique buffet.  But this didn't use all of the charms, so I had enough left over material (there was some white 1/4 meter stash) to make a round table topper as well.  I was thinking of giving this to someone for Christmas but I love the look, and I really need another set of placements for my husband and I.

Here's the table topper.
I love the colors of the material.  It all came together so I was luck.

What's next?  One of the quilts on the American Quilter's Society's UFO listing.  Been working on it for 3 days, but won't show it just yet.  All that's left is to quilt it.  It's amazing!


Comments

  1. Wow! What a beautiful painting! Happy Dance time for completing your 2 UFOs. It is hard to pass up on a good BOM. have fun with it. Numbers are rising here in cases and deaths from Covid-19. So sad. Stay home if at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you got that right Sharon. But I just ran out of 505!!!! Now I'm pinning. All quilt stores are closed except for one. That one does curb side service. You call in your order and pay for it online, and then you go there, tell them you're there, and then they bring it to the curb, they leave and then you pick it up.

      We have 17 deaths here in BC, and the numbers of infected are going down. So luckily things are starting to get better here. The weather is helping with all the rain here in BC, no one goes out. Hopefully things will get better. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again