Wednesday, October 23, 2013

This weekend's Quilting Fest


Have you ever seen the book "Urban Country Quilts" by Jeanne Large & Shelley Wicks. I'm loving it.


Made three quilts with it so far, two with pictures, one I gave away before I took a picture of it. They're simpler then you think yet are gorgeous when done. The first was with fabric I had saved for three years and finally found what pattern I loved. I made a queen size quilt. I haven't sandwiched it yet, thinking of double stacking it (using two cotton quilt fillings in it) but if I do that I'll need to have it professionally quilted, and it's a queen size. My machine is just not up to it. If I only use a single layer, I could do an easy stitch in a ditch, but wouldn't a butterfly design with a long arm just look great? Any suggestions?


The second one out of the book is a table top but big enough for a lap. The colours are gorgeous, with me using dual side interfacing to attach all appliqué. I didn't satin stitch it, instead I stitched about a 1/8 - 1/4 inch inside with gold thread, and the results are fabulous. When you wash it the material will unravel a bit and the frayed edge will only add to this look. Thinking of quilting once around the flowers about a 1/2 inch but I'm not sure. Like the way it is now.


Next quilt- love the combination of appliqué and quilting but looking at doing the strips I evenly with all my scraps of green:


Anyone do this quilt yet (besides the writers)?

Nicole Painchaud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Busy Beaver in August.

 Isn't it funny when you can't seem to sit still, need to keep on finding things to do but then when you're 63 you also definite...

Popular Posts