Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Very productive month.


Well we went from this:


To this:


This one was stitched in the ditch.  I added the bottom piano keys so that it would extend it more.  I always wanted to make a medallion style quilt and I think this qualifies.  Gave it away to a very special lady would already had one but when her mother took it (the mother is sick and can't stand properly alone), she let her have it.  So I promised I would make her one just for herself.  She really is a very caring and special lady.  

I also finished two pillows.  One was for a surprise for my husband when he came back from Arizona.  He loves snakes.  The pattern is "Oh My Cacti" by Pen & Paper.  the snake was a bonus block.  Now I have to make the cacti one.  The material from the snake is from Watermarks "Makingfun".  I think he likes it.  And so do I.  



And here's the other which is very old one.  I forgot where the pattern is but I had the  same material that was at least 4 years old.  Started spiral then wavy. 


Well that's about it for this month.  Next month, I'm going back to working on the hand sewing quilt. 
I also started a new BOM from Apples and Beavers.  It's paper pieced, just like the snake.


I love the look of it, and some of the samples of the squares.  The snowman was one of them.  It's so cute.  There are plenty more.  This quilt along should take three months so that makes it just in time for Christmas.  it will be fun.  Click here  to go to the link with more info about this fun event.

I'm also working on an old Block of the Month from Moda Fabrics.  It's called "Be My Neighbor" and the link is here.  I've already have 6 blocks completed, and want to to the rest.  It's a good size.  See a sample that someone else made below.  I have the first row completed and am working on the 3rd block of the 2nd row.



I always wanted to complete this quilt and I'm excited to get it done by the end of September.  This one is for me.

That's three of them, think this is enough for me.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very productive month.

Well we went from this: To this: This one was stitched in the ditch.  I added the bottom piano keys so that it would extend it more.  I alwa...

Popular Posts