Summary of the August

Well, another month gone, and I didn't do much, too much travelling, but it was fun as heck so I'm happy.  This month, I'm showing some before and after pictures.  First and most importantly, the "A Year of Lovely Finishes". I started this as my New FO Challenge.  Here is a Before picture  ...
Before...
And now the after picture:

Bed runner with big pocket.

Great quilting on it.
Material Girls's quilt just didn't materialize.  Didn't get to the squares that still need to be quilted.  But it looks great with its binding and most of the blocks done.  Just need to sit down and "get er done."  Will probably be my next "AYOLF".

As for my BOMs, all of them - they're listed below and some pictures or links to the blogs that show them completed.  Enjoy:
  • Sycamore Rose
    • block-2  (February)  -  Half way done.  Took it on a plane trip but not yet done.  5 more leaves to do.  Boy, am I behind!
    • block-3  (March) - not done.
    • block 4 (April) - not done.
    • Block 5 - May - not done.
    • Block 6 - June - not done.
    • Block 7 - July - not done. 
    • Block 8 - August. - not done.
    • Then I have Block 9 an extra one, not done!!!!
    • And anther one was added for September...
MAN!!!!  Am I behind!!!  Look at all the pieces on Flickr by Sycamore Rose.
  • Free Motion Quilt along  - been doing this on all quilts now.  But this is the course to teach so I need to keep going.
    • Block 2 styles 
    • Block 3 - 4 styles
    • Block 4 - 4 styles
    • Block 5 - 4 styles   
    • Block 6 - 4 styles.    
  • Aurifil August finished. Lots of details.  See the diagram to the right of August's block. And this link to show all of them so far.  
Aurifil Button.
  • Prairie Flower #11 completed.  Looks fantastic. Have one more to go!!!  So excited!
  • Vice Versa August  - not completed.  First time behind in this one.  But have the material cut out.
  • Galaxy of the Stars - have July to do and I didn't get the pattern for August so I have to tell the girls.
  • Block Lotto pattern
  • Crafty 2012 BOM  - did do one more even though I said I wouldn't because this one is Septembers.  See the diagram to the right below.
Crafty 2012
  • Globe Trotting 2014 Mystery Quilt - I'm behind on this one only one month - August is cut out but can do it in one day on Sunday.
  • Doodle Design - august - it's really coming together - have 3 more blocks to do to complete this one and it's been so fun. See this link to see all the blocks together!!
  • Modern quilt that I have cut out - green and purple for the newFO Challenge and preparing it for the "Modern Quilt" Flickr Group. Nope!!!  Need to try to complete this one for next month's challenge.  
  • Apple Thangles -didn't do one.  Been too busy with the Thangle table runner below.  Now that turned out great!
  • Thangle table runner for the table - pinks and white with dots.  Very modern for the Modern flickr Group and the New FO Challenge.  DONE!!!  Blogged about here. and completed picture below.  Also have a link-up here!!!!!!


  • Didn't cut out the Carpenter Star for the New FO Challenge.  Only did a couple of squares. The AYOLF is just taking all of my time.  But it is my next one for September!!!
  • Continue on with my Pixulated quilt!!!  I have 3 sections completed, and continuing on with the others.  It's starting to look like the sunflower picture I did.  I'm so excited and really enjoying the free class at Crafty.  YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!!! This was another New FO Challenge linked here.  
each square finishes at 2 inches.
That' a lot for just two weeks of quilting (roughly).

Comments

  1. That pixelated quilt looks very interesting. I'm going to enjoy watching it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara. I'm very excitted about it. All cut up and just need to take my time putting it together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again