One Monthly Goal for January

Like everyone else I'm making a New Year's Resolution, but not about losing weight (started this in October and have lost 25 pounds so far), or to exercise more often (I got a new FitBit and I'm working at over 11,000 steps a month), or eat healthy (I've been doing that for two years now).  No, this year's resolution is to take it easy this time.  

My lists of things to do for One Monthly Goal have been 4 - 20 different things, which now I look back at it, I've been reacting like a mad woman trying to get all of it done.  I mean really, I'm a high school computer teacher who works very hard all day with no prep time to assess students formally in school, so I take their work home and mark it which takes approximately 2 hours a night.  Then I need to relax and de-stress by sewing quilts and painting, and I sew one to two quilts a month.  Most of the quilts are queen size.  And I go to a painting class every Monday, then come home and try to fit in painting at least 2 hours a week.  Enough already.

It's called "One Monthly Goal" for a reason.  ;)  

So here's my ONE goal.  Finish quilting my pixelated sunflower.  Anything else is a bonus.  I've sandwiched it and now for the quilting which are tiny little circles to represent the seeds, and then the pedals.  It will be beautiful when done, and this one is close to two years old, from the sewing and quilting already.  If done, the blog entry will be a post of major pictures.  I want to put this into the Fraser Valley Quilting Guild Show this June with the theme of Canada 150th.  It's my own design.  It's for the farmers of the prairies, growing sunflower crops.

Elm Street Quilts






Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing this lovely finished at the end of January, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Edith, want to finish it but as always it's a matter of finding the time :)

      Delete
  2. This looks exciting! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do it and so happy and greatful that Elm Street Quilts does this sort of encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I can't wait to see your final design! Looking forward to the end of the month linky! Best wishes on a successful completion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, I can't wait to see how this turns out as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again