Snow Day


The Surrey School District (along with numerous other Districts) cancelled schools today. It was a good thing since I have the stomach flu today. It was a very snowy day today - see the night time view..


The snowploughs can't keep up.


So I stayed home, slept and did some sewing. Want to see?


My Goal of the Month is coming along nicely. This entire quilt is with a layer cake. Excellent design with matching up quo pieces, cutting them together, then just changing the triangle and sewing them back together again, it makes a 9" square in the end. The colours are sublime. Wanted to make it bigger so I have added a border. This is the first quilt that I am making with the intention of keeping it for myself. It will match the colours in my living room.



I also did one row by row (water series - 2015) just because it was there.
Ducks in a Row by Ibea's Quilting & Crafts Galore Ltd. in Williams Lake, BC. It's cute. Now I have to count how many Canadian ones I have done. 😉




This last one is from Saturday sewing. I had some extra material and found some stitching I did a while ago. I didn't want another pillow cover so I made a Valentine quilt. A friend of mine said I needed one in my classroom. I still need to do the binding and more quilting on it, but I like the effect. It's my first quilt that I designed from start to finish. I won't quit my day job 😁

I did spend some time cleaning my office as well as organizing my patterns. I feel good about that. I feel good about the day, even though I am sick. My room is getting cleaner, and some quilts are being completed. It was a good day even with my stomach flu.

To tell the truth, the flu helps me with my diet, so it's good as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again