OMG finished already

OMG!!!  I'm finished my premie quilt already.  I've already given it to my quilting guild today (Fraser Valley Quilting Guild), and here's what it turned out to be:

Ladder quilt with 2 1/2 inch strips.

Stitch in a ditch.

Love the fabric, beautiful old fashion scraps, with gold around the edge.  In the end it was 36 x 36.  Perfect for a new born.

But that wasn't all that I completed this month.  I finished two more rows of the row by row.  Take a look.  In the end they'll be two queen size quilts.  Notice that I'm trying to do quilt as you go.
The fish fins were so tiny  to do but in the end well worth it.

Love the water going up to the beach with the beach umbrellas

This was with me not sewing this weekend because I was away to Victoria Island.  Can you say "crab chowder anyone?"  :) 



This was the view from our hotel room at the Coastal Hotel and Marina.  It was off the beaten bath a bit (15 minute walk downtown on that great path or $10 taxi ride) but so worth it with the view.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.

On a special note - another quilting store that was great in Victoria is now closed.  I was sorry to see Satin Moon Quilting Store permanently close.  So sorry considering how beautiful their designs were.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Picking up the Pace