New Goal for February.




But enough of that.  Lets talk about my goal that I am linking up to Elm Street Quilts.  As you saw in one of my other posts for the quarterly finish of the Finish-a-long I have a  number of quilts that I need to complete in three months.  Two are completed (previous post) but I still have eight more to do, and I really want to get them all done (a personal if not realistic goal).  So what's next?  February is a month of Valentine but no quilt that I have to do for it.  But in Vancouver Canada, it is the start of spring.  Someone told me that they saw the irises starting to come up (a picture of one from last year to the right.  )  They can be purple or white (I love the purple ones more).  With that I am looking at my flower quilt.  I have one square to complete, all the other ones done, and the edging to get done.  It's a wool quilt which means hand sewing a button stitch around all of the flower pieces, and then black fabric edging, and then green squares (different color greens) all sewing together to make another border.  Here's what it is suppose to look like

Two flowers left, the top right hand side one, and the pansies.  So the quilt is lap size but it's wool.  So who would put it on their lap.  And I have a different one from before (another BOM) that I don't use because of all the wool everywhere.  Something that I don't want on my bed because of the cat with his hair. I would be concerned about all that hair.  So that beautiful quilt is just sitting in a closet.  I need to consider what to do about it.  But this quilt, because it's also fabric (no I am not using flannel like the last one) I think I will be able to put in on the bed.  So the black around the green (edging) will be a lot thicker, and that means that there will be more green squares around everything.  

Here is what it looks like now....
All the flowers done but one (there are 12 in total)

One on the right, all the vines to hand stitched.  The white to button stitch down.  The leaves to stitch on.  It's quite a lot.

So that's my goal but with a couple of more that I won't mention, because you can only do one.  But I'm trying to clean up my work area so a couple more (Row by Rows) need to be completed.  Also, my Aunt's quilt to finish quilting so I can send it to California.  It will be quite a busy week.

Wish me luck....


Comments

  1. It will be a lovely finish for February. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty for all the encouragement you give.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again