Working at it....

With two snow days (actually I only had the one to catch up) I was able to complete a number of quilts, and that gives you great satisfaction.  But it's only because of all this snow in Vancouver (over 5 inches in a day.).



So lets get right to it and show what we've done....

The Harry Potter QAL from SewFresh has four of their blocks out and ready to go.  So far I have 3 completed, and I'm even starting to quilt as I go.  Here they are:



Each one so unique...
 And so much fun to do!!


Three done, one more to go for February.  They're close to 20 inches each, so it's going to be a very large quilt.  That's why I'm going to do "Quilt as you Go".

The other quilt I completed was one for my mother's 80th birthday party.  It was a quilt by Missouri Quilts.  Here's the video I watched.


And here is the finished production...  People signed the light blue around the quilt.  It worked out perfectly as my aunt's theme for the birthday party was daffodils.


I stitched in the ditch and got it all done.  It was so easy, using a jelly roll, two whites and one color sewn together, then sew two colors with a white in between, then sew it all together on top of each other, then cut.  Really, see the video, which is really well done.

So now, no more rushing to sew.  Now I can finish (or rather catch up) on my quilt alongs.  It's suppose to snow again tonight and into tomorrow and I have family day, so we'll see how much I get done this weekend.  I do have 3 quilts to actually finish off and quilt so they're off the UFO table.  We'll see.

Hope you all have a sunny, happy day.

Comments

  1. Thank you for reading and the compliment. My mother is in another province and she's a professional painter with acrylic mostly. She loves to keep track and see some of my artwork. Love being creative. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again