August OMG Completed and a bit more....

Can't believe how much I accomplished this summer in finishing up a number of my UFOs and cleaning up my room.  There was so much unfinished UFOs and many of them were just sitting there, completed, but not sandwiched or quilted.  Well no more.....

Here's my OMG for August....  Hooking up to Elm Street Quilts.

All blocks are completed.  Look at the thread, it's a ribbon that I sewed on.

All attached together, all quilted.  the sides are light gray with sewing machine pictures on it, and thread, etc.  Really goes with the quilt theme.

Each block a bit of a sewing tool list

This quilt has a polar fleece backing, and no batting.  It's so thick as is.  And so warm as well.  You can't see the thread when I was quilting it.  I also didn't want to quilt the entire thing for the simple reason that the polar fleece is stretchy and I need the quilt to be flexible, so thus not a lot of quilting around everything.  It looks great as is.  This quilt project was two years old.  Finally completed.

But if you look closely, you can also see that I also completed another quilt, or rather added on to it.  This quilt was made quite a long time ago and I gave it to my mother last summer.  The problem was that the quilt was not big enough for her bed.  It needed to be widen.  So I did "Quilt as you go" and added borders to it.  Look at the quilt on the bed.  I added the black to the section in the front, and I also added it to both sides.  The entire quilt now fits the quilt with a hangover of 30 inches.  I made the edges, put batting in it, and then quilted it, inch by inch.  I used a variegated green on the farthest edge, then black on the rest.  The results were outstanding.  


Looks fantastic.

And I've completed one more quilt, the Snowflake quilt by JetGirl.  I purchased two quilts really really cheap from FatQuarter and put the two together to try it out.  It looks spectacular, and it's another queen size quilt.



Who's quilt is it?  Seems when the cat was going to try to test it out someone was already there trying it out for size.  I did stitch in the ditch for the stars that are light gray and white, and then I echoed quilted around the snowflake.  You can see the lines.  I then stitched in the ditch for the black all around it.  The bias is also black, making a nice finish.
So there you go, three BOMs completed and up on my site.

Will show better pictures of the Snowflake on another blog posting.

On to the next three or four BOMs that I need to catch up or complete.....  



Comments

  1. Looks awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, 3 finishes are terrific!!! And they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again