Busy like a bee.....

OK, between school, and home I've been busy. But I'm still quilting because I want to finish my OMG (One More Goal) and I'm there.  Got it done, did quilting as you go, but that's for another posting.  This weekend I finished a couple of other goals that I want to share with you because I'm so pleased with them. 

The first please.....

Made completely with left over pieces.  The cross in the middle was 2 1/2 inch squares of left over material.  Got all my bright colors and colors of fall and put these together.  This is the result.  The quilt tester says it's perfect.
 See the smaller pieces.  The quilting is straight line to help with the lines of alternate color strips.  I love the look of this pattern.  I originally intended to keep it for myself because I wanted something with fall colors but a friend asked me for a quilt to wrap herself up in and this is perfect for her for Christmas.  So off it will go.  And yes, those colors are the real colors (the yellow and gray) of the quilt.  It all came together with colors.  I was extremely pleased with that.  Luck.....


The next quilt (yes there are two) is a creation from Fat Quarter Blog.  It's a free pattern.    And this link is the YouTube video on how to make it with the pattern attached.


This is the actual pattern but not big enough for the baby quilt that I intended to make.  So I added a bit.  I made a couple of bamboo shoots to the side of the quilt and just a line on top to keep your eye on the quilt pattern.  It was really fun and not that hard at all.  Forgiving for the beginner quilter.


I took the bamboo from the center and just continued to make the leaves, using a long strip of green for the center unlike the pattern which used two different colors of green, I used just one because it changed color. 

The quilt ended up being 36" by 36", the perfect size for a baby quilt.  I'm very pleased with it.  Perfect for a friend who asked me to make the quilt for her first grandchild coming up.  She chose the color for the background and I had a piece of yellow with a hint of green that worked just perfect for it.

Between this and correcting a lot of homework I'm very satisfied with this weekend's work production.  Take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again