Another Month, Another Try

picture by Phillip Martin - the Grove Church
Good intentions are great, but a little disappointing if you don't make it.  But you got to remember that life is not on a schedule, it's random, and most days when you work full time at a high school, a little erratic as well.

I'm back to teaching full time, and I'm loving it.  I use to repair computers 1/2 time and teach the other half (usually with two or three different courses in the same block so I was constantly running).  Now I'm teaching the same amount of courses but full time, so my load is easier, and I'm spending more time individualizing student learning.  I love it!!  But I'm still running around, and I am tired when I get home. So I'm too tired to sew as much as the last couple of months.  I'm hoping that will change, and I know it will, with my courses taking on bigger projects.  But it is what it is, and as I said, I love it and I love teaching.  

So how do you fix this?  Exercise to get my energy up and going to bed at 9:30.  I hope this will help.  Also I have to realize (which I have) and recognize that I won't be able to sew as much, just in smaller amounts of time.  With that in mind, my goal for this month I believe is attainable, and will still give me the pleasure of creating something beautiful.

I want to finish my Harry Potter Quilt (I'm using quilt as you go) in two weeks (yes, even smaller than the OMG goal!) so I can show it to my quilt group and enter it on the SewFresh Linkup.  It's a lovely quilt by SewFresh, a BOM that was created by Lorna, a wonderful designer (I have about 15 of her patterns - can't get enough).  She uses the stitch and flip mostly, and the designs are so cute you'll love it.  The pattern for Harry Potter made a queen size quilt which I extended to a king.  Here's what it looks like so far


I did get the owl done.  You can see it on the chair, it was complicated but if you follow the directions that are mostly pictures it really is easy and fun to see it come out.  I even have some of the pattern on my sewing machine (see picture below).  Made a huge mistake, printed out the small bit of paper piecing for the castle the wrong size.  There were directions to print them at 110, so my bad....  I'll redo them.  That's what I'm doing below.



So that's my goal, to complete the FINAL block and put it together.  As you can see from the first picture 4 other blocks that I did last month are quilted, just need to put them together and attach it to the quilt part that already done.  Then finish the castle, attach it to the owl, and quilt that section, then attach it to the quilt.  And the final thing is to quilt the side panels and attach, and voila!!!  Done.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing your Harry Potter quilt. Yes, linking-up is a great encouragement to getting goals met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again