A quiet day of Quilting


I still seem to have the stomach flu, and that means I need to take it easy.  But when you're ADHD that's very hard to do.  You can slow down but it's hard to stop completely.  My cat has it down pat, how to relax.  Someone once told me that it shows how safe the cat is with you when he sleeps with his stomach exposed.  When both my husband and I are home together this is usually how the cat sleeps.  You can't quite make it out but his toy mouse is just above his head.  He loves that toy....


So I relaxed and tried to stake it easy yesterday and today.  I cut up two of the blocks I was behind on the Harry Potter Quilt by SewFresh.  I cut the pieces for the train and for the logo of the group.  Both are ready to start sewing.

I also sewed and quilted another block, Dobby.  I love how it turned out.  My husband was laughing at it.  He wants me to make a pillow of this.  Take a look yourself.  Do you think it would make a great pillow?

I've been doing circular quilting on the quilt.  Love the effects when all of the blocks are together.  Love how the eyes were done, with the "white of your eye".  So cute.

This FREE sew along started a while ago, and it finishes this month, so if you're interested in doing this quilt (there are two sizes), here's where you can get the pattern.

I also started to catch up with the Disappearing nine blocks.  Did another row.  That's two done and three others to completed.  Take a look at this row.



It's two nine blocks, then you cut 2 1/2 inches from the sides all around (do this on two of them), then exchange the center pieces and sew them back up.  The block turns out to be 13 and 1/2 inches.  It's a big block.  The quilt is quite large.  Patchwork Posse is the designer.  The patterns are available FREE for the month of that row.  All others you have to pay for when the month is up.

The Disappearing Quilt Block Row Along is just that - a row quilt along.  Which means you get one new block a month, and you make 5 - 8 of them, and put them in a row.  It's great learning new blocks, all are very interesting.  It last till November 2019, where you'll get instructions on how to put the blocks together but it's up to us if we want to do it a different way, place them in a different order.  The pattern are available in the  for FREE for the month the latest part is released.   All others you have to purchase.    

The final thing that I did today was start a new pattern, called Sky by Zen Chic.  I love all her designs, I just don't have enough time to do all the quilting I want to do.  Here's what the pattern looks like.  All those flying geese.  There are over a hundred of them.  You use a charm pack, cut it in half and then cut off a bit of it to make it smaller.  You add 2 1/2 inch squares on both sides to make the triangle, and you connect them all up.  To do that many of them, that small, the only way to do it is chain piecing.  Do one side of about 30 of them at once.  Then cut them apart, iron it down, and then do the other side.  So far I have 50 of them completed.  But there is so many more to do.  I'm not doing the quilt as shown.  Instead I have a piece of wall that makes up our landing that totally blank.  I can make a rectangle, with the geese , that will be longer horizontally, and shorter vertically.  Can't wait to complete it.  Take a look at the pictures below, and you'll see the color scheme.  The material is from Kaffe from Free Spirits.  It's so colorful, I didn't want to do a white.  Instead I used a duller green, with small prints of trees on it that aren't that noticeable, but it really does pop the colors now.  Take a look below.
Chain piecing 
All my stuff together, organized.  The greens cut, the 2 1/2 inch rectangles, and those completed.

Sewing on the small 2 1/2 inch squares to each side.  So many to do...  it will require patience.

And that's what I've completed so far.  Not bad for a Sunday.  Have my quilt guild meeting this Tuesday.  See some of you then .....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again