Last Update for All Peoples' Quilt Listing.


At the start of the year The American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine made a list of things in the "Now Trending" page to help you check off items form your list.  You can download your own list here and read all about it. So I made my list and have been updating it throughout the year.  So here it is in the middle of December and I've decided to finish this before the holidays because I won't have much time then.  (At a glance you can see which ones I did - green and which ones I didn't do (red))

 Lets review what I've gotten done (in green) and my plans are in red.

1. Use acrylic or paper templates to piece a block.  the Gracie SchoolHouse used an acrylic template for it's white pieces. I wasn't that good at it, but the people who I gave the quilt to loved it.




2. Donate a pillowcase to charity. (Add it to the online counter: AllPeopleQuilt.com/donate.)  Didn't make a single pillowcase but I did donate a number of quilts to the hospital for Premie babies.

3. Organize your fabrics and scraps.  Still working on this one.  But look at how it's cleaning up so far....  Desk is clean but still needs the other side working.  Notice the bookcase to the left?  And at the right, most of my projects are in containers for organization.


4. Change your needle - I do this for every quilt I start.
    replace your rotary cutter blade
    clean your machine.

5. Identify a problem area in your sewing space and find a solution.  All the paper patterns I have printed out.  Putting them in binders but still need to organize.

6. Attend a quilt guild meeting in your area.  Every Month.  I am their secretary.

7. Sew accurately using foundation piecing.  No time to even start this one. Black and white quilt or mom's table topper quilt.

8. For one week, set aside 20 minutes a day to sew.  Did this but my marking of homework suffered so I stopped.  Most of my quilting is during the weekend.


9. Sew a quilt using only your scraps and stash.  Done!!  Gave the quilt to my niece who got married.  Put ribbons on every corner and tied them into knots then put the words "Tied the Knot 2019" for the wedding message.  It was great..  

10. Get topsy-turvy with curved piecing.  No time to even start this one.

11. Take a quilting class (in person or online).
No time to even start this one.

12. Read the pattern completely before starting the project. I have read this for all the BOM's because you need to understand how to make the HST's for the HST Quilt.

13. Submit a reader tip to our magazine at apqtips@meredith.com. No time to even start this one.

14. Take your handwork to a surprising location.  Paula's

15. Join a fun quilt-along.  Take your choice - I have 5 of them and I've completed two of them so far.  Read about them here.

16. Creatively piece your quilt backing.  Done.  The last quilt really showed it and I was doing QAYG with it



17. Go on a quilt retreat. No time to even do this one.

18. Machine-sew a decorative stitch sample.  No time to even start this one.

19. Label a quilt. (Don’t forget your name and the date!)  Do this all the time now.

20. Take a picture/journal about each quilt you make this year.  This is my journal

21. Assemble a pincushion.

22. Sew a quilt for charity.    One of three I gave this year.


23. Meet your quilting hero (in person or online).  I'm so excited, I've been talking to Lorna from SewFreshQuilts.  She's my absolute hero in quilting.  I love all her designs, all her work.  Another great thing about her is that she's Canadian.  I finished her last QAL for Harry Potter.  It came out as a King Size and I used quilting as you go because of it's size.  Anyway, the company who was suppose to give me a prize didn't and in the end she contacted me to discuss it.  She complimented me a couple of times on blogging and she was so graceful or polite that it only enforced the fact that she is a wonderful person.  The entire experience gave me such a warm feeling.  

24. Make a quilt using only solids. Sorry, no time to do this.

25. Slow down and hand-quilt.  The Wool Quilt that I added to.  Put I must admit that I didn't do a lot.  I would like to do more next year.

26. Make a bed-size quilt, then snuggle under it.

27. Attend a national quilt show.  My Guild had a quilt show this June but it's not national.  I had 2 quilts in it.  Here is one of them.


28. Read your sewing machine manual.  Had to when I had to clean my sewing machine.

29. Change out all your quilts for a new season.  Christmas is over, changing to a spring theme.  Then back again.  Like changing.

30. Visit a new quilt shop (with your best quilting buddies).  Sorry, no time to do this.

31. Try English paper piecing.  Sorry, no time to do this.

32. Explore a quilt museum.  Sorry, no time to do this but I did go to several quilt shows to see other people's work and get inspired.

33. Safely wash and store your quilts.  I send them to the the cleaners

34. Finish a Christmas project before December.  Just did this

35. Splurge on a quilting tool you’ve been eyeing.  Easy to do.
To make curves, something that I'm not very strong at.

36. Quilt your own project. (You can do it!)  I do all of my quilting.

37. Stay calm when you realize you’ve run out of bobbin thread while sewing.  I do a number of bobbins before each project and then I do more when I run out.  It's a signal to me to take a break and walk around..

38. Add a little (or a lot) of appliqué to a project.   Did not do this one this year.

39. Post a photo of a quilt you’re proud of on social media.  My blog.

40. Learn a new embroidery stitch.   Did not do this one this year.

41. Go on a shop hop. Did this with a friend.  She and I went looking at a number of shops for a jelly roll to make her son a quilt.


42. For a week, spend 3 minutes picking up your work space after each sewing session.  Did this but it didn't make much of a difference

43. Teach someone to sew.  Taught a friend how to make a jelly roll quilt for her son's wedding gift.  She's almost done...  This is what she completed.  See #41

44. Finish a UFO.  Polar fleece on the other side.  Sewology Quilt



45. Make a two-color quilt.  Looking at a red and white quilt or blue log quilt.  Didn't finish this.

46. Take part in a block exchange or swap fabric with a friend. Didn't do this.

47. Alter a pattern to a size or colorway you like.  See #44.  I made this queen size.

48. Make a pix-elated quilt.  Didn't finish this.  Did start cutting the pieces.  A lot of pieces.

49. Make an animal (wolf or horse or Northern animals) quilt.  Gave the quilt away to someone who just had a baby.


50. Make a collage quilt with flowers.  Didn't finish this.  Maybe next year.


That's what I've completed this year with 4 -5 more quilts.  It's a lot, there's tons more to do, and I'm starting to make my goals for next year.  I have not bought material for about 2 months except for anything to finish a quilt.  But really, I have way to much.  So not I'm making a list of UFOs that I really should complete so I can buy something new.

Right now Craftsy which is really called MyBluePrint is having a major sale of "12 days of Christmas" and some of their kits are super super cheap.  Have a look.

So on to the next year...  Happy quilting.



Comments

  1. I think you did a fabulous job with your list. congratulations !!
    If I could go anywhere, meet anyone in the quilting world... it would be Lorna. I would love to spend a few days with her, see that creative explosion in action. yup. I think she is wonderful.
    🎄Merry Christmas🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think the same. Merry Christmas to you. Have a great holiday sewing :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again