Retirement and the results…

Well that said it all.  At one point my job consumed me and I wasn’t doing many quilts as I was before.  My creativity got diversified with watercolor and pencil crayon art but I never gave up quilting, I just got overwhelmed.

So last week because my room was so crowded I couldn’t work in it, my husband and I did something about it.  We moved my bookcase with many of the books in it to the living room and now I’m sorting what’s left.  And boy is there a lot left!  About 12 scrapbook containers with projects in it, many not started, tons of bags with projects started in them, and about 5 large containers with scraps in it.  Boy I got lots to do. 

But I’ve started at least.  These are projects I did this week:




Added the flowers and leaves.  Wanted to fix this one up.  I didn’t like it before this.  But I loved my quilting.  So added the flowers 

The one below I completed last month, it’s about 8 years old.  Got the left overs at LaConnor Art Museum.  Don’t know the name of fabric but I did make up this simplistic pattern.  It’s the quilting practice that’s highlighted in this quilt.  I used different rulers on each square.  Enjoyed the learning.






I had time to do this one because I retired last week and now I have the time.  But still I couldn’t do too much because of the disarray in my room.  Thus the changes with the help of hubby.

To continue on the cleaning binge I’ve started to cut up some of the scraps in 2 1/2 strips and squares, 5” squares and 10” squares.

 Also I’ve done two small projects in bags.  One is folded quilting by Geesjwe Baron and Esther Vermeer, 


and a row by row from Oregon.  Sorry don’t know the designer, it’s quite old.  From 2016.



And that’s todays work.  Tomorrow I keep on cleaning my sewing/craft room.  Wish me luck….

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again