Hugs with a mug hug....

I was publishing the other post and then I realized that yes, I have been continuing to do my 1 quilt a month promise to myself.  I made some mug hugs for friends of mine.  Both my friends need a hug every once in a while (don't we all), and especially one because this year it's the "Year of Gro".  What's the "Year of Gro" you may ask???  Every year we choose one person to cheer up for the entire year and we spoil that person with little "Happy thoughts", trinkets and cute things we send to them to make them smile.  Last year it was my year because I was going through some hard times with a car accident that happened three years ago.  I dislocated my hip, it popped out and then popped in again, but I stretched all my tendants and muscles, which meant that I would have problems walking, and moving that leg without hurting my hip.  When you use to run 5 - 6 miles in less then 1/2 hour on a treadmill, and now you can't run across the street without causing you pain, you get a little depressed.  So it was the year of Nicole, with happy thoughts and good wishes coming to me almost every week.

Well, enough about me, this year it's the "Year of Gro", and I made her a hugmug (a witch) which unfortunately I did not take a picture of.  But I did take a picture of the Christmas one I did for her.  I had so much fun making that one that I made one for Val, my other friend.  Both got a matching cup (snowman and santa) so they could have hot cocoa and think of me.  McCall's has it in their christmas magazine, loaded with tons of applique.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again