Finger update and new Challenge

Things are going better now with my little finger accident (my rotary blade attacking me).  A friend is re-wrapping my finger tomorrow and we're checking it out.  

I have started my quilting challenge (see the Building Block Quilt along button on the left side).  I'll be posting some of my blocks that I finished.  There are 42, and I've done only 2 but it's started, I have the material and I'm happy.  This is the first time I'm using a free-style quilting foot and I'm still getting use to it, but the material is all there, and I can already see an improvement.  You'll see it soon, in the next entry.  I am starting something new thought that I would like to share.  It's the 2014 NewFO Challenge and I'm happy with the concept.

Here's what the group will be doing:   Each month, at least one new quilt will be started up.  It can be anything I like from bags to potholders or mug rugs to king-sized bed quilts.  I don't have to complete any project  during the year, just start it.  All I need to do to participate is start something new during any given month.  On the last day of the month, write a blog post about my new project and link up to the linky party on the blog from Barbara from Cat Patch.  As the year progresses, I update my previous months' NewFO projects on my blog and link in the patch.  I can also put it on the FlickR Group  I joined here.  Sounds simple and I have the button below.  It's added to my BOMs now.  What's one more?!!!  ;)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again