The biggest challenge this month was to try to get everything done. Last month I finished two of the "Blocks of the Month", Material girls, and Down the Rabbit Hole. These two were what I promised to complete for the "A Lovely Year of Finishes" (see to the side). Although I promised to complete these two quilts (sandwich, quilt, bind, the whole thing), I still have a large list of things to do. The bold items are the ones that I am behind in. My main goal is to keep up with the BOMs but the appliques are just not happening (the sycamore rose block is 4 months behind now.
I can honestly say that I am disappointed with myself this month. I understand why I am behind but still, I should of enjoyed relaxing more with the quilting, and July is almost a write off because I'm away travelling. So that will be the perfect time to do some of the applique for the sycamore rose quilt blocks. I really need to catch up on those.
- Material Girl's Layer Cake finishing off the quilt (put the borders on it) and quilt the entire things. Finish it off. - put it all together, got borders, and have started quilting but it will take me ages...
Down the Rabbit Hole- finish off the quilt. I love it - Here's the link to pictures. Down a Rabbit Hole Completed
- sycamore-rose-block-2 (February) - half done, thank goodness
- sycamore-rose-block-3 (March)
- Sycamore Rose block 4 (April)
- Sycamore Rose Block 5 - May
- Sycamore Rose Block 6 - June
- Free Motion Quilt along Block 2 styles
- Free Motion Quilt along Block 3 - 4 styles
- Free Motion Quilt Along Block 4 - 4 styles
- Free Motion Quilt Along Block 5 - 4 styles
Aurifill June - completedand loving the look of the entire quilt. This link shows my flickr account and the picture of all of them, including June. Prairie flower #4 - OK, this is finally done.- Took me two months and you can see why with this look!!!! Click on this link for a picture of it. Pairie Flower #9 Prairie flower #9- completed!!! I did this one in about a day. There was a lot of work but I sat for 4 hours with my husband talking and sewing at the same time. See the results here. Galaxy of the Stars - May - from FVRQ Guild. Did it on Sunday.
- Galaxy of the Stars - June only. They gave us June and July to do over the summer. But I never had time to complete it. Been too Busy.
Vice Versa- June - done. Took an entire 4 hours because I kept on making mistakes.
- Modern pattern (block lotto) June - It's a sun!!! Couldn't enter this month, been too busy, but I am making myself some.
Globe Trotting 2014 Mystery QuiltCompleted!!! Look here for the blog entry of this one and Doodle... Doodle Design - June- Completed!!! Loved this one. It was skates that I added shoe laces to.
- Finish table runner beads on a string (Couldn't find it!!!! It will show up at some time.)
- Aurifill's quilt for the end of bed (2 rows completed, need one more row, and binding)
- Do the modern quilt that I have cut out - green and purple for the newFO Challenge
Another 3D quiltfor the newFO Challenge - it wasn't flowers, it was a box and I showed my quilting guild how to make the small box so this one had two purposes. But it's completed. Want to cut out material for a Swoon quilt-
- Completed!!! It's not a swoon but a carpenter star quilt. I found the pattern at this link - it's a free pdf file. Here's a picture of the pattern I will be doing. I'm excited to start it. Using gold and brown in it as well, but not the horses.
Did 5 more Thanglesquilt blocks from two packages. Looking good.
|New Quilt cutting out.|
Had a bad month this month. I was on strike which meant that I was busy on the strike picketing line, and nervous about what was happening. I was so exhausted because I stress that I hardly sewed. But my main goals were to complete those two quilts (first two listed), and when doing that I had enough left over material from the "Down the Rabbit Hole" that I made a third one. Two for the price of one.
|Doodle Designs - the Skate.|