Another two small quilts done..

Here's another quilt I finished yesterday..  This one has a funny story behind it.  I made the blocks in February, when I was doing the Block Lotto.  I made enough for the queen quilt, and more.  I had three extra blocks so I decided to make this table runner.  The quilt top is about 4 feet by 1 foot.  I was free style quilting it to be prepared for the major quilting project for the "Year of Finishes" project.  This was one of the projects for that month.  I used another layer of muslin with a circle drawn on it, and placed it to the top material.  I sewed around the circle, then cut out the circle, and turned the muslin inside out, so that there was a hole in the top fabric. I then placed the circle material under the top material (face up) and it shows up as a circle.  I then sewed close to the circle edge, and that made the circle.  To get the two different colours on the one circle, I cut the circles I made in half and sewed the circles to the orange strip and voila, the block.  I find it easier this way.

Anyway, I put the three blocks that I sewed together away somewhere, and proceeded to lose it.  Took until last week, when looking for material, that I found it.  Am I the only one???!!!  Losing quilt tops ready to be quilted????

I also finished yesterday the Doodle quilt of the month for July, it was mugs.  I need to  put the handles on it, but otherwise it's done.  The steam runs up from each cup.  They're two different fabrics, alternating.  I machine stitched the steam, but I hand stitched the handles on the cups, which believe it or not, was somewhat difficult, because I didn't pin (my fault), I just sewed.  Learned that lesson!!!.  But it looks great!!  On to the next!!

Steam machine stitched, handles, hand applique

Two different reds, but close enough to match.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again