Another end of the month....

Here it is another end of the month, and I have a couple of things already done.  Feeling good about it.
  • These are the big ones for the "A year of Lovely Finishes"

    • Material Girl's Layer Cake BOM -  Quilted!!! Over 16 hours of quilting on this one!  Binding hand sewn on (that took over 2 hours!)  And I still have 6 more to go!



    • Aurifill's spool quilt for the end of bed (2 rows completed, need one more row, and binding)  That's my next ALYOFs!!
    • Completed the 2nd quilt I made form the 50 pieces of fabric a friend gave me.  Ended up being a lap quilt in pink and black.  See below for the pictures
  • Sycamore Rose
    • block-2  (February)  -  Half way done.  Taking it on a plane trip - that should finish it off!  Boy, am I behind!
    • block-3  (March)
    • block 4 (April)
    • Block 5 - May
    • Block 6 - June
    • Block 7 - July
  • Free Motion Quilt along 
    • Block 2 styles 
    • Block 3 - 4 styles
    • Block 4 - 4 styles
    • Block 5 - 4 styles   
    • Aurifil July
    • Block 6 - 4 styles.                          
  • Aurifill July -  picture at the right.
  • Prairie Flower #10 (just 1 more to go then the corners, can't believe I'm almost done).
    Prairie Flower




  • Vice Versa - July's was nice and simple but I do need to take my time on these things.  




  • Galaxy of the Stars - 

    • June - Done at the start of the month.
    • July - will do next month.



  • Block Lotto pattern

    •        June - It's a sun!!!  Still not done them!!  And paper piecing!! Will try in August!
    •        July's was 14 spokes.  See to your right.  Made 9 of them.  Need to do 5 more. Didn't win this month but still will end up with a Queen size very very modern quilt.
  • Crafty 2012 
    •        July  - all done.  See the link here for some great pictures and all the blocks together to show how it will turn out.  Spectacular.  Recommend this FREE class to everyone.  Amy is a great teacher, learned a lot of new techniques (hexagons, and first time with Dreisdons), and did the class on my own time, always a plus for learning anything new.  
    •       August - done!!!

Getting there!!!
  • Globe Trotting 2014 Mystery Quilt - July - All done, it was an easy one to complete.
  • Doodle Design - July - took longer with the hand applique.
  • Finish table runner beads on a string (FOUND IT! and it's done.)  Was submitted at Block Lotto by a friend.  the link is here.
Take a look at the quilting - Free style.
  • Do the modern quilt that I have cut out - green and purple for the newFO Challenge and preparing it for the "Modern Quilt" Flickr Group. Love there work there, so inspirational.
  • Thangles - 4 more blocks for my quilt.
  • Thangle table runner for the table - pinks and white with dots.  Very modern for the Modern flickr Group and the New FO Challenge.  Half way completed.  Blogged about here.
  • Debbie Mumm's Patriot's Quilt - for July and August - simple to do but did take some time. They look great.  See to the right just slightly down.
Debbie Mumm
  • I wanted to do at least one "Garden" paper piecing.  I've been doing the Galaxy of Stars as a paper piecing pattern and although I promised myself I would improve on paper piecing using the "Garden", I did do the Crafty Block of the Month 2012 block with paper piecing.  It is getting easier but I do seem to waste a lot of extra fabric.  
  • Want to start one of the patterns from Vintage Quilt Revival by Katie Clark Blakesley.  
  • Piece out the Carpenter Star for the New FO Challenge.   
    Carpenter Star.
    Crafty 2012 Paper piecing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again