Goals for the year - Complete what I purchased.

I know I already set some of my goals for the 1st quarter (2015 Finish Along) and for this month (A Lovely Year of Finishes 2015) but what I have not set is my goal for the year.

Last year's goal was to be more active online with quilting, to make new friends and get a presence online.  I don't know if I'm a presence (not as good as the other ladies I follow), but I did make a lot of new friends.  I've made a number of friends overseas, got a couple of new email buddies, and follow a number of people on flickr where I share my quilts as well.  Loving it and I love seeing what others are doing.  I've become a presence on Pinterest where many people follow me.  Relatives and friends can see how crazy I am now, with all the quilting.

I promised myself that I would join some Blocks of the Month Clubs, and I have.  See the side bar under "DONE" to see what BOMs are completed, and see the list of all the ones I still have to completed.  If you want to see what's been done you can go to my "Finished Quilts" page (tab on top).  There are a few that I missed, but I'm becoming deligent in what I do.

So I'm happy with what I've done although I think I'm crazy for all the BOMs I tried to complete (and still promise to myself that I will get them all done!!!).  So what's my goal this year?  Something that was quite an event, I stumbled upon it while surfing, and it fits perfect into what I want this year.

I want to get my stash down, and complete some projects.  So I'm following Leasa with her "Sew my Stash 2015".  I need to get my stash down, and I need to complete some of the things that I bought all this fabric for, cut some of it out and never completed it.  Plus (don't tell anyone) my husband found all of my stash when I had to move some stuff when my mom visited us.  Dang!!!  So he said "No more material until you get this down", and truthfully, he's right.  I need to get the material under control.

I have a lot of colors but not many solids to do backgrounds on, so I did my last purchase 2 weeks ago, some background, and I'm off.  I also couldn't resist some of the lap quilt that were on sale on Craftsy.  My goodness, couldn't resist a lap quilt that was only $20.  My goodness, some of material was 55% off...  OK, broke down in less than 2 days!!!


But it's January, and fresh start, so I'm happy to start now.  I'll need to make a list of all the projects I need to complete, along with the material gathering.  See my "Quilts to Complete" section (tab above).  I'll try to update it as well,, as I have a few new ones (Dang!!!).

I know that Leasa is not saying we can't buy any more material, but I'm sure going to try to not do that.  But like her I'll only buy solids and background material, because really, I need to get some of these done before I forget why I got the materiall.  In the mean time, this also fits perfectly with the 2015 Finish Along and A Lovely Year of Finishes 2015.  This year I have only signed up for two BOMs as well.

This year is the year of completing what I've purchased!!  Wish me luck.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again