2015 finish along for September

Well this is my 2015 Finish Along entry.  Thus the buttons :)

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
I had a very good month this August, although with all the traveling I only quilted in August (being a teacher I did two months).  But boy, did I do a lot.  To read about it see this link.  The list is outstanding because the results are all there.  Now don't be scared!!!  I know there is a lot, and the items that are completed are small, but that list was huge, and I did get some stuff done!!!  Woo hoo for me!!


So what's the list this time?  Last time I only put three items down, and I only completed one.  But I did a number of other projects that won't on the list, and so they don't count.  But that's OK.  This time we're (and that's the royal we by the way) going to list it all.  So here it is....

The pixulated sunflower quilt.  Needs to be quilted and binding on it.  Quilting will be 1/2 circles, very small, making the illusion of the sunflower seeds.  Second time on the list.


My Crafty block.  Need to quilt each block.  Have 2 done so far.  Need to do all.  I have watched the first 3 quilting sections on the Crafty show.  3rd time on the list.  I'm getting mad at this quilt!!


An autumn quilt that I want on my bed for October.  This quilt has been sitting for over 3 years.  ENOUGH!!  I need some queen size quilts for my bed and I read somewhere online (sorry I forgot where) that a woman promised herself to make a queen size quilt a month for her bed.  I envied her, but I knew I had no time for that.  I do have 2 quilts that are queen size.  One I bought for summer (very light) but it's so worn out now that I want to throw it away.  And the other is a T-shirt quilt I made a couple of years ago.  With flannel backing so it's very, very hot.  So I want something in between, and I need to make it queen size for my bed.  That's the plan, below is the quilt.


One of my other quilts that is queen size and I want to quilt (not send it out).  This one is over 3 years old, easy to quilt (straight line) so I'm hopng to get it done as well for November.


Picture of the finished pattern.  Mine is more green than anything else.

My Aurifill quilt.  Put together.  I added two more blocks to make it work as a queen, added some borders and now I have to strip quilt it.  Don't want to show you until it's done.


Extra material I had, so then I made this small mat.  Need to quilt it as well.


Sew Fresh QuiltsThere is a BOM starting from Sew Fresh Quilts (I love them).  You need to follow.  It starts in September and I purchased the pattern.  So sweet!!!  Puppies.  You need to see this.  Follow this button and follow the fun.  You can make a small quilt or a very large one.  Click on the button to see your choices and see what you can do.  Notice that all the dogs are different colours?  Even the white patches are different!!!  Excited to complete this one!



I have been eyeing this quilt pattern for over two months now, and with the goal of getting my stash down it would be perfect.   I haven't even started cutting this one.  Pattern is from Quilter's World April 2012 (bought it in June from our guild show).  The pattern are from Carolyn S. Vagts.


When the pattern is completed the extra corners one make this matching table runner.  So it's two for the price of one.


I started to learn wool applique with this quilt.  Started the class in 2008.  I think 7 years is old enough and it should be completed.  I don't even remember who was trying to teach us.  I couldn't find all the pattern, the pieces sheet is missing, so I can't do all the squares, but I have enough to completed a wall quilt and that's what I'm doing.  I'm going to put 2 1/2 inch squares of flower material around each square, one to two squares per section will work fine.  Last month I completed the last two sections.  See below for a closeup picture of one of the blocks I completed last month.

Been sitting in a container for over a year.  All the material is there, some of it is cut, just need to get going.  Love the blues.  When it's completed I'm going to put an appliqué of a cattail on it, giving the illusion of it in a ditch of water.  The pattern is called Parisian Patches by Gerri Robinson from MxCall's Quick Quilts April/May 2013 issue.  So it's part a pattern and part appliqué.  Hmmmm, there seems to be a lot of appliqué for this quarter?  Am I biting off more than I can chew?






 Someone gave me this pattern to me.  It's a paper piecing design by MH designs.  Love it as it reminds me of LaConnor's Tulip Festival in Washington.  It's only 11 x 18 inches and I have all the material so I'll be OK to make it one rainy day (and there's plenty of those in Vancouver, British Columbia.


















I have the material for making a snowball table runner and here's the material.



I bought an e-book  from Martindal books called Sew One and You're Done - Making a Quilt from a Single Block b Evelyn Sloppy.  Going to try it.  It's amazing how many books and magazines you buy and don't use.  That's my peeve for this month and that's why all these quilts on the list.


I love Jacquelynne Steves at http://JacquelynneSteves.com.  She's so talented.  I purchased her fabric kit to join the "Cozy Afternoon" free BOM, and didn't start.  This month is the final month.  Want to get going on it and catch up (part of getting my stash down).  So this one is it.



And to make it a little more difficult I signed up for a block of the month and it looks almost identical.  This is  Block #2 but I need this done for Christmas for a friend (who's only job in the quilt shop was to say NO to me every time I wanted to buy something, but instead talked me into this quilt.  Naturally, I'm making it for her because I have the quilt above!!!  But I'm enjoying this quilt from the Quilt Company (see completed quilt pattern here) that I bought at Fabric Etc in Bellingham.  It's called the Quilted kettle and its a quilt of tea pots, tea cups and even tea bags.   So adorable.  it's make with piecing and raw applique with button stitching.  


Everyone needs a christmas quilt on their quilt :)  This is an old BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop.  Material all there, all cut up.  9 blocks to make.  It's from It's Sew Emma, a brilliant person.  My wall hanging for Christmas  :)

And last but not least.  See those bags below - over 50 row by rows from Canada, Arizona, and mostly Washington.  I'm making a queen size quilt of Washington and Arizona rows, and then another one from BC and Manitoba.  Two queens.  I have 9 already done (4 from Canada and 5 from the US), but I'll need 24 for each quilt.    My goal is to complete at least 10 rows in the 3 months (in between everything else).  At least get this stuff all organized and down a bit.  one bag Canada, one bag the US, and the last bag (a cute zippered bag by the Row by Row people) is full of material to finish it off.  I'm loving every minute of it.  Go the the left hand size, down a bit to click on the label Row by Row to see which ones have already been done.

I know it's a lot, but I get a lot done almost always.  Wish me luck.  I plan on getting MOST of this done.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Summer is almost over