November's "A Lovely Year of Finishes".


A Lovely Year of FinishesI missed the last month's entry into the "Lovely Year of Finishes"  and yet that was my most productive month yet.  So I'm back on track hopefully. This month I'm looking at starting one quilt and finish quilting another one.  Here is my list:


1.  I need to finish my Aurifill queen size quilt that would look spectacular on my bed.  Last month I just finished a queen, an Autumn quilt, but this quilt iwth it's flowers will make the winter nights so colourful.  Here is the before picture.  It's been on this list a number of times.  You can only make out two blocks here because I did a large amount of changes to the quilt, putting in a center block and making all other blocks go around it.  I even added to more blocks to square it up, and the edging around the quilt to make it a queen will be criss crossed quilted, so I'm trying to quilt as I go in a big way here, doing the edging in one time, then the quilt top in another and piecing it together.  I've never done that before but I'll try anything once.


2.  The second one is a quilt that is cut but not put together at all.  It's a Christmas quilt.

The quilt is from Sew Emma, a free pattern that was a block by block pattern.  I've printed them all out, put them in a book, found all my christmas material and off I go.

I really loved my Quilt Doodle winter quilt I made last year and that's where I'm getting my incentive to make another Christmas quilt.  But this one is a wall hanging and I think it would look great to hang for christmas.  I may even do some applique on this one to make it a little different.





That's it, my list for a Year of Lovely Finishes.  I'm hoping to complete both and maybe one or two more other surprises  ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again