One goal done....

Well the animals are completed last week, and I'm calling it "Animals in the city" because the yellow has skyscrapers on it.  The paper piecing pattern is by QuietPlay, a terrific site for a number of great patterns.  This pattern was a block of the month, one animal a month.  But there are many different types of animal patterns on the site.  Check them out.  This is the quilt hanging on my wall.  All the animals were made out of leftover scraps.  The yellow material is called "City Skyscrapers".

Here are the animals I made:

This animal was the hardest:



I also didn't like the monkey block  because there is no mouth.  I'm thinking of stitching one on.

But I do like my quilting stitch.   The next one was my favourite...

Finally, I did do one more smaller quilt this weekend...  From Aurifill and Pat Sloan's interview last month.  The last of her miniquilts for the 2015 season.  Now she's doing blocks from celebrity quilters.



It fits perfectly on my table.  I can't tell you the material on this one because it's made from scraps.  The size is 24 x 24".  Go ahead, make your own with Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods.  Celine’s quilts have to be exact, such small pieces.   Celine is a master piecer and it shows in this quilt.  I quilted it using my walking foot, with a simple square stitch.  Her quilts are old fashion, and the material I picked out was perfect for this.  I love this one.

Comments

  1. Love the animals quilt, and especially like the mini. I don't remember seeing that one! I'll have to go back and save it for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KaHolly, the animal quilt is a pattern from Quiet Play. They have some great patterns, I'm working on another one there - the geometrical bird. I've seen others do it, so I'm dying to try it. Take a look.

      As for the mini, did many that were there last year. Love them all. Thanks for looking KaHolly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again