2016 UFO Update and an update of the week.

It seems that's all I do is update, but this last week I've been quilting like crazy to catch up and reach goals.  And I'm doing great.  OK not in everything.  This 2016 UFO thing is having problems  ;)

Here's an update of the "All the People's Quilt 2016 UFO Challenge".  I'm very happy how most of this is happening. :

Project
Status Before
Status Afterward
1)  Pixilated Sunflower I created
All cut out and sewn, needs to be quilted.
April- Started.  Done at least 10 hours these past two weeks.  Still working on the center piece of the sunflower but I am approaching the brown, and out of the black.  I'm pleased with the work.
2)  Birds on a wire from Quilt Mania
Have a birds cut out, and some of the small quilts.  Need to continue to put them on and quilt entire thing.
3)  Midnight Garden
All material there but haven’t cut anything
March - Well, I have 5 blocks completed, and 7 to go.  I did 3 blocks this month.  I don't think I can do that again, but at least 2 of month to finish.
4)  Garden that’s applique and wool – block of the month
All material is there but nothings been sewn or quilted.
July - Not even started... and still scared of this one....  This will be last for goodness sake.
5)  Blue stars
Two stars made, need to come up with idea to bind
February - Have the design.  Need to complete but not on any of my lists. 
6)  Houses – block of the month
All material is there,
August - Given up on this one....
7)  Block Lotto quilt - scraps
Missing 10 blocks – last two months, needs to be put together and quilted

8)  Green strip quilt
Quilts entirely made except for a side edge to make it a queen size quilt.  Need to put on sashing then quilt it all
May was to be #7 but this one was done instead.  At least one more off the list.   FINISH
9)  Lily quilt - all flowers
All completed.  Even sold.  Need to quilt it.  

10)  two more quilts from the book PreCut Primers – authors Me and My Sister Designs.
These use small little precuts to create.  
JUNE - Have Grade 1 and grade 3, not grade 2 so it's completed.  FINISH
11) Modern quilt - quilt as you go...
New technique learned.
 FINISH - see what the green and red quilt looks like.
12)  Chic Pattern
using a precut of 10 inch squares.  Easy - looks great.
Excited to have this one for SEPTEMBER.  Have everything ready to start.  Will make it this month's goal for OMG, but already have one.  I could add it?!!  :)

Now here's what I've done this week, I've been very busy.

I wanted to catch up on all the Splendid Sampler blocks from Pat Sloan, but I'm so behind, I'll be happy with selecting random ones and working on that.    I got 7 done these last two days.  Ten in total this month.  Pleased with that.








I just finished a small quilt (25 " x 25") that I purchased the kit at  Road 17 N Quilt Shop in the town of Winkler, in Friendly Manitoba, Canada.  Got a row by row there as well.  What do you think?  See below...


Went crazy on the quilting.  Speaking of quilting, this is the first time in two years that I registered for doing a quilt in the month, and I've finished it in less than two days....  I'll blog about that later.....  But the quilting on that quilt was crazy, crazy, about 34 hours, and a back that was talking to me.  Then I did this one.  

I'm almost completed my Art Deco Quilt.  Have three blocks to quilt to go, and that one is done.  That will be three completed quilts in two days.  

And just to be difficult, I completed a pair of pants for my sister for Christmas, but I don't want to show it here.  I also almost have done a table runner for my aunt for Christmas, but once more, no showing.....  Like I said, I've been sewing crazy crazy these last two weeks.  The 2nd Tuesday of the month I'll be showing my quilts to the guild.  There are two more I want to have done before the guild meeting.  Don't know if I'll meet that goal.  We'll see.

Check out the tags below....

Comments

  1. Those applique blocks are my favorite! I've wanted to try the edge stitching like yours for some time. Looks like you're making great progress on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige, I like to go in spurts and do similar style blocks. The edge stitch is easy if you do some practice ahead of time. Try it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again