Last kick at the can as they say

School starts Tuesday here in British Columbia and when that starts I won't have as much time for quilting (not that I have right now).  So I'm trying my hardest to get a few things done before the start.


But it's more than that....  I have to redo our counter top because I damaged it with a Mr. Clean brush (never never use that on a counter top), because it's worn out.  So a talk with a gentleman to do a quote, an agreement, and a comment about having to know where the main water cut off line is starts me to organize the closet that has the main shutoff values in it.   Yes, you guest right, it's in my sewing closet which is packed tight with material....  This gives me the incentive (I had no choice) to clean up my sewing area and make the values more accessible in an emergency.  That also means learning exactly how much material I have. 




Now many of you out there are sighing right now and saying "oh no" and know exactly what I'm talking about.  It's a great pleasure to find and buy new material, to put it away, to organize it into a project, start to collect the other material needed, and then some other pretty color catches your eye and off you go again.  Almost like a raven with a shiny bauble.   It's never ending.  But when you see how much you have, and when you reorganize your closet and you have a lot of left over material that can't go back in, now there's something wrong with that (besides being a fabricaholic).  OK, how where does this leave me???  Thinking I have a problem.....  One I'm willing to admit right now, and I'm trying to do something about it.  I'm trying to get a lot of my projects done, so I can get the pile of material down.
Orphan blocks together in a 8" x 12" table runner

Background was in scrap drawer.

My office is still packed full (I also paint with acrylics and sew clothing, and knit), but it's getting down and getting organized.  Right now I've had a couple of projects completed.  Here they are....
Sewology, one of the stitch rows on it.
Quilt Doodle September's block.

Baby blanket, completed, but still need to quilt

My room is still unorganized, but believe it or not, this is better than what it was....  I've completed a number of projects so it makes the place look more organized.  And two of my BOM (Sewology from Craftsy and Quilt Doodle - see side links) are at an end, so I'm completing them, which means two more of these babies will be empty and waiting for something new.  But I would like to make another quilt that has something to do with sewing and put it on the back of Sewology.  That's the quilt I would like to enter in our quilt guild's show this June.  Sort of like a two for one.  


I also completed a suit that I made about two years ago, so that's in my closet waiting for me to wear it.  The top is like a suit jacket with short sleeves, perfect for far.  Take a look.


So what do you think, have I done enough?  Still working on the Sewology for this month's goal....  BOM.  Still have 4 blocks to complete and then I have to start on that back part.  It will be tight to get it all done and keep that room clean.  And now that school has started it makes it twice as hard.  Oh well, nothing tried, nothing gained.  

Take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again