4th Quarter Finish-A-Long



Another quarter coming up and I'm really excited about it (as you can tell as I'm blogging already my goals).  Some of them are new and some of them are old, but I feel confident that I'll get many done by December. Some of them will be in this year's Fraser Valley Quilt Guild Show in May, and some are for my personal use at home.  Some are more important to me than others but many are to get through so I can move on.  I love making lists and this certainly makes me do them.  Thank you to the Finish-A-Long group for helping me to get organized and for motivating me to get many project that I just look at and admire done, and on my bed or on my wall.
So lets get started shall we?  I'll try to put these in the order of importance to me.

(1)  My Sewology BOM by Pen and Paper Patterns on Craftsy.  I'm excited that I only have the buttons section to complete.  All the others are done, and even pieced together.  When put together it's almost the right size for a queen size quilt (I've been adding spaces to some sections to help me make it bigger.  But I am confident that although not done for this quarter, it will be completed for Christmas.  Who's getting this quilt?  ME!!!  and I'm looking at entering it for our Guild's show in May.  It's the perfect entry.  I'm also looking at doing a secondary pattern for the back so I can flip it and use both sides.  One side the pattern shown and the other side four needs with thread.  It would look great together.  Here's a sneak peek of one section.  Can you see it on the master picture?  The sewing machine was absolutely fantastic.  I want to make another one so I can hang it on my wall.  Maybe even for Christmas give a wall hanging to a friend of mine that collects antique sewing machines.  We'll see.  This is a definite finish before Christmas and going into the guild's show.

(2) This  Craftsy Quilting Class Quilt is still calling my name.  It's now  top priority on this quarter's section because this one is definitely going into the quilt show as well.  The quilting on it will make everyone ooooo, and ahhhhh.  I've watched four of the videos and can quilt at least 3 more squares.  That's the goal, to get it done by December.  It's that important.  One of the top three.
WOW
three done now.
(3)  I've been meaning to do do this quilt for quite a while, since I've seen it on her site.  Quilting Jetgirl made a quilt along called Snowflake Shimmer.  Fat Quarter shop was selling the material for such a ridiculous price that I bought two so I have more material to add an extra edge to the quilt to make it queen size.  I have the material cute out so I can start sewing once I get my sewing machine.

(4)  The pixelated eye - which is a Craftsy free course online with Caro Sheridan.  I have the kit and want this on my wall by January.  That's the goal.  It's doable.  With my sewing machine being fixed I have the time to do a lot of cutting out of pieces and this is one of them.

(5)  Like the last quarter I want to complete some row-by-rows that I've been collecting for the last two years.  I am also working at Quilting-as-you-go style for these rows so I can make a large queen size quilt for me and my husband.  I also want to show this quilt to my guild as I'm doing a show in May.  My goal is to do at least 4 this term and two others from the "Home" series for my Aunt for Christmas.  Doable right?  We'll see.  An example is below of the home series and the water series three years before that. .

(6)  I want to finish my Quilt Doodle Scrap quilt for Christmas.  I have all the blocks completed, and this next month (October) they are showing us how to put it all together.  Although I'm really thinking of making it into a winter Barn door for Christmas and winter.  I have to see the finish item because I don't know if I can make the pattern fit to a door.  We'll have to see.  Here's some of the block...  The idea is to complete all the work and quilt it.

(7)  Flamingo Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman - I have been gathering up the pink material to complete the quilt.  The pattern is wonderful.  Here's someone else's quilt already done up.  I am starting from scratch - nothing is cut.  And still like that...  Definitely for the next barn door, and definitely on the list for the 4th quarter.

(8)  Another goal is an old style quilt made of diamonds for my cousin.  You use 2 1/2 inch strips. I started, thought it would be easy but you have to be very careful of piecing all the triangles.  This one really takes time.  All of it is in a box.  

(9)  A panel of a heron, that's from Artisian Fabric  Absolutely gorgeous.  Just doing it as a panel for a table top.  It's not done and it's on my next one.  Do love the look of it.  Making it into a table top for my aunt for her Christmas gift.  She'll love it.

(10a)  This one is a two part section  I am also looking at finally starting a quilt pattern that is designed with flowers.  The pattern is of an old truck but parts of truck is made with flowers to shape the truck.  I would love to enter it as well in the Guild's show but more importantly I would love to see it hanging on my wall.  So what's the two parts?  I need to practice with a pattern of a sewing dummy (you know those partial body things you use for sewing outfits?).  It will be big enough to put on a wall in my sewing room, and it's made of flowers as well.  So that is (10b). 

(11)  Still haven't touched Pat Sloans' 100 blocks.  I think I've lost a few in the move last year, need to keep on looking.  But I do have the shadow material to make the quilt.

(12) I loved making the "In Full Bloom" so much that I bought another one.  This one is flowers as well and just as big as the last one I made (see below).  So that's on the goal to complete.
(13)  Deer Course on Craftsy - Under the same idea - Patch work Piecing:  Woodland Animals is a Craftsy course by Elizabeth Hartman.  I still want to make a pillow of it, or a smaller quilt.   If not the deer then the bear for a child's quilt.  After Sewology, this one will be a breeze.  But I'm going to be realistic and think a pillow since I want to make flamingo doors, and that will take a bit of time.  We'll see.


(14)  My  Redwood Quilt (quilt that is completely made up of red material) is not done at all but the stitching is completed.   On  the list to complete.
and now

OK, that's it, that's enough.  I'll be lucky to get 5 done but it's better to list as many as possible.  Some people who read this will think I'm crazy for thinking I'll get so much done in so little time with life the way it is, but all I have to say is.....

JUST WATCH ME  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again