4th Qurter coming up.

I missed the 3rd quarter Finish-A-Long but I'm still keeping track of what I've done and what has not been done.  I'm finding the 2018 Finish-A-Long very helpful in completing many of my UFOs or things that I've gathered material for but just store it and stare at it once in a while (yeah, you know you do that as well.....)   So what I thought was to share what's been done in the 3rd quarter and then list what I want to do in the next in another blog posting for October because that's when you list your next set of goals.  So, here we go....



(1)  The Midnight Garden. DONE  And my mother is absolutely crazy about it.  It's wool with  two and a half inch squares sewn all around the wool.  It's really very beautiful.  Here's what it looks like now before  (to your right and here is what it looks like completed:











(2)  The pixelated eye - which is a Craftsy free course online with Caro Sheridan.  I have the kit and I would like to complete it so I can exchange the pixelated quilt that is hanging right now (a pixelated sunflower I made after this course) can be changed.  But I only cut some of it, I didn't even do a stitch.  So this is going back on my list for October.


(3)  Wanted to make the 2nd door for the quilted barn door that I have started for my entrance way to my sewing room.  The pattern is from Jennny Pedigo and Helen Robinson for Sew Kind of Wonderful.  It's from a book called One Wonderful Curve. It's a fantastic book with beautiful patterns, all quilts have curves. And I got it done.  It looks wonderful and was perfect for the summer, to change the look of our dining area.  Take a look.  It's quilted with small leaves all over it.  I'm very pleased with the look.
(4)  I want to complete some Row-by-rows that I've been collecting for the last two years.  At one point I had 110 of them.  I've slowly but surely been going through some (I've done over 20) and I want to set a goal of four of them in this quarter of time.  I am hoping that in December I will have enough to make a queen/king size quilt for my bed.  I am also working at Quilting-as-you-go style for these rows.  I've made this goal.  I have quilted as I go 6 of them and made the following but two are not quilted.  So I guess I didn't make this goal.  Need to put it on my list for next quarter.



(5)  Another goal for this quarter is to do another quilt kit that I purchased.  It has old style quilting material that is made of diamonds.  You use 2 1/2 inch strips.  Perfect to make a fast quilt.  I started, made the triangles but haven't pieced them together so this is back on the list.  I don't even have a picture for this one. 

(6)  Flamingo Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman - I have been gathering up the pink material to complete the quilt.  The pattern is wonderful.  Here's someone else's quilt already done up.  I am starting from scratch - nothing is cut.  And still like that...  Definitely for the next barn door, and definitely on the list for the 4th quarter.

(6)  Deer Course on Craftsy - Under the same idea - Patch work Piecing:  Woodland Animals is a Craftsy course by Elizabeth Hartman.  I still want to make a pillow of it, or a smaller quilt.   If not the deer then the bear for a child's quilt.  After Sewology, this one will be a breeze.  But I'm going to be realistic and think a pillow since I want to make flamingo doors, and that will take a bit of time.  We'll see.


(7)  Still haven't touched Pat Sloans' 100 blocks.  I think I've lost a few in the move last year, need to keep on looking.  But I do have the shadow material to make the quilt.

(8)  I set a goal to keep up with the Sewology BOM that I am part of.  It's a wonderful quilt pattern by Pen and Paper Patterns on Craftsy.  I'm excited athat I only have the buttons section to complete.  All the others are done, and even pieced together.  When put together it's almost the right size for a queen size quilt (I've been adding spaces to some sections to help me make it bigger.  But I am confident that although not done for this quarter, it will be completed for Christmas.  Who's getting this quilt?  ME!!!  and I'm looking at entering it for our Guild's show in May.  It's the perfect entry.  I'm also looking at doing a secondary pattern for the back so I can flip it and use both sides.  One side the pattern shown and the other side four needs with thread.  It would look great together.  Can't wait..  

(9)  You and Me Quilt by Tres Chic.  IT's DONE!!!  And did it ever take so much time to do those 1/2 inch to 1 inch little squares all over it.  And you wonder why my machine needs to go in.  
Thinking this is enough?  Noooooooo.  There's more, and some urgent.

(10)  A table cloth for a friend of mine made by Northcott Fabric, their artisian line.  It's DONE!!!
Great backing as well
she's extactic about it.
(11)  A panel of a heron, that's from Artisian Fabric  Absolutely gorgeous.  Just doing it as a panel for a table top.  It's not done and it's on my next one.  Do love the look of it.  Making it into a table top for my aunt for her Christmas gift.  She'll love it.

12) This  Craftsy Quilting Class Quilt. wasn't even touched.  Still need to do it but it's top priority on this quarter's section because this one is definitely going into the quilt show as well.  The quilting on it will make everyone ooooo, and ahhhhh
WOW
three done now.

13)  My  Redwood Quilt (quilt that is completely made up of red material) is not done at all but the stitching is completed.   On  the list to complete.
and now


 14)  I joined a class for making a quilt called "In Full Bloom".  It's making a flower out of coloured fabric.and this one is done....  Beautiful and hanging on my wall.  DONE


15)  I have material for a pink top and the pattern.  Short sleeve, cotton top.  Want to complete it before July but never got around to that one.  Instead I completed this one, top and pants


16)  I also have pink material for a jumper dress that is perfect for this silk/polyester material that has a lot of embroidery but was too busy this summer to get to it.  I'm leaving it for next summer.

17)  The final sewing project I wanted to complete was a small knit top and shorts set for the summer but as before, I never got to it.  Was organizing my closet and that was more important.

OK, that's it, as you can see I had a goal of doing at least 5 out of the list and the total is.....  Drum roll:

I did five!!!!  And two of them queen sizes!!!  So as I said this really helps me to get things done.  I know I'm doing great.  Wait for the next quarter and....

JUST WATCH ME  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Picking up the Pace