February's OMG - Can't wait for this one


I started this one before Christmas and it's one that's on my AQM lists as well.  So this is the goal!!!  The pattern is from   Brigette Heitlan - https://www.brigitteheitland.de/ who has gorgeous modern quilts.  This one is also in her book.  It's called Sky.  A wonderful pattern using 5" squares, and making flying geese.  Her trick is wonderful, cut the 5" squares in half.  then cut the rectangles down to 4 1/2".  Then cut 5" squares for the sides, and that makes sure that you have that 1/4 inch on top to make sure your points are there.  I can't give you pictures because it's her pattern, but once you do this one, you're solid for flying geese.


My quilt is different (of course).  I wanted it for part of my wall upstairs in my loft.  It's long, more rectangular then the square pattern.  So I used the method of how to make the geese.  Did tons of them, then started to putting them rows, with some blanks in between.  But after that it was a free for all........  I placed then here and there with blank spaces in between and this is what it ended up like (look below).  This is where I'm starting at.  Almost done, and been hanging on the back of my chair in my sewing room.  Time to put it where I made it for. 
 Done some of the quilting for the quilt.  Looking at just a squiggly line.  And for some pizzazz, I'm leaving some areas open in the shape of a triangle.  I was working on this quilt when my sewing machine first started acting up.  So I stopped quilting and then just went to sewing, and then it broke for good!!
 There are a lot of empty (white) space here and there for those blank triangles to magically appear.

The material is from Kaffman of course, that wild animal/flower print.  Love how it pops with the green.  The green was some material I purchased two or three years ago during Christmas.  You can't make out the trees in the fabric, with the quilting it all goes together and makes it look like a forest.  Very, very different.

Can't wait to finish this one.  This is my listing for OMG - One monthly goal.



But not just that one, but a second one since I think this one won't take so much time.

Out side of OMG, I'm looking at completing the following:


That's it.  That's enough.  That would get finished two of my UFOs, start a quilt that I've had all the material for 4 years, and cut down some of my scraps.  

Happy times  

Comments

  1. Great projects! I really like the green background. I didn't think I would ever like modern quilts, but the older I get, the more I NEED to have the white space to rest my eyes on. Good tip about making the flying geese. I'll try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you Marti. I didn't like modern before but now I'm really drawn to the designs. Good luck on the flying geese.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again