Onto the Next Challenge - I'll string something together

During the pandemic like everyone else I began to organize things so I could feel somewhat in control.  Through that I discovered (like every other quilter) that I had so many bits and pieces of extra fabric I just had to get some of it down.  So I made a string quilt for someone's wedding.  And it turned out just beautiful

They love it and it's on their bed all the time.  I love how I finished it, with ribbons knotted on top, and the letters that I button stitched on saying "Tied the Knot 2019".  It was a big hit at the wedding shower.

But I loved the color and it used up a lot of my scraps, with a feeling of seeing all the different material, and remembering which quilts they came from.  So I decided to make myself one for the summer with no batting, and just some light flannel to thicken it enough for a summer quilt on my bed.  

Well it's summer and I have some of it completed, but not all.  Here's what I have:


A lot of pieces to put together, so this will take some time.  The crazy quilt (snippet) part of it is quilted with all my left over threads as well, so that worked well.  I have to trim it to a square to be able to add all the other pieces,  It's a lot of work.  I'll put a piece of black about 2 1/2 inches wide around the crazy quilt then add the string quilts around it, then bind with black as well.

It has to be queen size and I'll finish it in less than a month.  Hooking up with Elm Street Quilts and the OMG - One Monthly Goal challenge.  Haven't won in a while so I'm excited about this one.

Good luck everyone.

Nicole

Comments

  1. Enjoy! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again